Install errors with KBZN.

twsimfan

I guess I'm supposed to start with the PO# so it is

FSS0240164 and the order date is 2013-10-15.

This order was for Pacific Fjords and KBZN Bozeman.

Pacific Fjords installed great despite the fact that I had to resume my download once after an interruption from my router.

KBZN seems to be working but I got 2 "decompression errors" during the install. I had a clean and uninterrupted download of this product.

My first error reads:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Effects\fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx

A decompressing error has occurred (#2026)

Unknown decompression error

The first time I got this I chose the abort option and started again. When I encountered the same error I tried the retry option and only came back to the same error. So I opted to "ignore" the error and quickly came to a second error:

It is the same except for what appears to be the file name. fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Wh.fx in place of FX_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx. In short "Wh" in place of "Gr".

So I suspect I'm missing a couple of files or images or whatever.

The scenery works although it does look a bit dry and lifeless. Having traveled a lot through that part of Montana I suspect it will look a lot better if I set FSX to mid April instead of mid July as I did. I know that Montana always seems prettier in the Spring than in the Summer.

A tiny complaint: The US flag on the left side of the prop equipped Frontier airliner should be shown "to the mast" meaning the field of blue with the white stars should always be toward the front of the aircraft. That is picking a nit and I'm sure most people will not notice.

Thank you,

Tom Wunder

tlwunder@q.com

PS - I have many FTX products already installed and 6 more in the mail headed my way thanks to the PC Aviator 50% off sale. Great stuff but I still wish you did a better job on the City and Port of Tacoma, WA. I do realize that I'm probably the only one who would notice so I do not expect anything on this issue.

Hi Tom,

If you are getting decompression errors during the installer running then I suspect your downloaded file is corrupt. You should take the following steps:

1. Delete the downloaded KBZN files (all of them)

2. Clear your internet browser cache and history

3. Use a download manager like GetRight - http://getright.com/get.html

Then try reinstalling the airport again. I suspect you are missing objects there because of the installer not quite adding all the files.

As for the flag issue, I'll let Jarrad Marshall the developer comment on that ;)

Thank you both for your assistance. If I'm missing anything by not having those 2 files I guess ignorance is bliss or from another perspective I wont miss what I don't know isn't there. :)

I was flying there last night with FSX set to mid April and the area looked a lot more like I enjoy seeing it. I haven't actually been through Bozeman for several years now but I used to pass through there 8 to 10 times a year.

I would have answered on this yesterday but I was kind of hoping to hear something on that backward flag. Oh well... maybe you can fix it in a patch one of these days.

Thanks again guys... this scenery (KBZN) is almost as good as Bonners Ferry... which is very good indeed! ;)

Tom Wunder

Archived