Have I installed FTX Global proper?

Kjelleman

Hello.

I have installed FTX Global after downloaded but I not sure that installalationen is correct. My folder ORBX in FSX root-folder is only 1,8 GB! Over the beginning of installationen the Orbx FTX Global say to me that run disc 2. I did so but after that installationen was ready. I do not run disc 3, 4, 5,6, and so on.

I can open and read FTX Central. It`s  any wrong?

Kjell

Thanks for that,

Yes 1.8 GB would be correct since most of the Orbx FTXG textures go into the Scenery/World/Texture folder in the root FSX folder.

However, if it is asking you for disk two, make sure you extract the ZIP folder you downloaded for FTXG before you run the installer. Then it will complete normally

Cheers

Please do NOT run the installer from inside the ZiP archive. You must first extract the installer into a temporary folder or your desktop then run it from there.

If the installer has to ask for disc 2 then it has not worked correctly and your installation will be incomplete.

Hallo.

I try installing again .Over the beginning of installationen the Orbx FTX Global say to me that run disc 2. I did so but after that installationen was ready. I do not run disc 3, 4, 5,6, and so on. FTX Global say that installation was successfull and complete Irt is ok?

Kjell

Yes.

In my folder for downloades files I have a folder Compressed. In this folder I have one zipfile on 4380 449 kb. I same folder I have another folder " Orbx FTX Global100" on 4,17 GB.

If I click and open this folder I can see one readme-file and Orbx exe file on 506 345 kb and 8 another file on  512 000 kb .

Kjell

Hej Kjell,

Jag använder Google Translate som jag inte talar svenska, men jag tror att du håller missförstånd om vad som frågade, kommer filen som en Zipp-fil, måste du packa upp den till en mapp ensam och sedan köra installationsprogrammet därifrån, om du fortsätter att försöka köra installationsprogrammet inifrån Zipp-filen kommer du inte att kunna få en fullständig installation av FTX Global eftersom det håller ber om skivor, vilket inte är korrekt.

Jag hoppas att detta rensar sak för dig.

Hi Kjell,

I am using google translate as I do not speak swedish, but I think you keep misunderstanding as to what is asked, the file comes as a zipp file, you will need to unpack it into a folder alone and then run the installer from there, if you keep trying to run the installer from within the zipp file you will not be able to get a complete installation of FTX Global as it keeps asking for discs, which is not correct.

I do hope this clears thing up for you.

Kjell, lyssna noga och gör som du har blivit ombedd att göra av Wolter och JV.

Du har laddat ner en.zip fil. UNZIPPA den någonstans i ett bilbiotek, kanske temp.

Efter uppackningen kommer du att ha följande filer där + naturligtvis den originala zip-filen.

Important Read Me.txt

OrbxFTXGlobal100.2

OrbxFTXGlobal100.3

OrbxFTXGlobal100.4

OrbxFTXGlobal100.5

OrbxFTXGlobal100.6

OrbxFTXGlobal100.7

OrbxFTXGlobal100.8

OrbxFTXGlobal100.9

OrbxFTXGlobal100.exe

Gör nu INGET annat än att HÖGERKLICKA på OrbxFTXGlobal100.exe och välj Run as Administrator.

Följ instruktionerna på bildskärmen NOGA!!!!!!

När allt är KORREKT installerat trycker du på Finish och thats it!!!!

Kan du reinstallera FTXGlobal UTAN att avinstallera den du förmodligen redan har installerat? Svaret är JA!!!!

Trasslan INTE med avinstalleringar BARA GÖR som jag beskrivit ovan.

Glöm INTE att efter installationen ladda ner OrbxFTXGlobal Patch 1 och installera den.

Hur kan du veta att du fått med alla filer? Kolla i biblioteket FSX/Scenery/World/Texture och har du drygt 11 670 filer och de tar upp 7.11 (7.13) GB så är det korrekt. Du skall ha en stort antal filer från 2013-08-??

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hallo.

I tryit again but when installationen beginning the windows says: " Please insert disk 1". When I cklick on OK  I can read this: "Set up can  not open follow archives. ( You have inserted the wrong disk). I have no DVD-version of FTX Orbx Global.

Kjell

Archived