ORBX and Airport design editor

virginblue190

Very sorry wolter, 

But i have had problems with the Night lighting at Brisbane and Melbourne ect

I have no green taxi line lighting aroudn the hole of the airport, I have posted many many times on this forum but the problem couldnt be solved, 

i thought that maybe if i edit it with ADE and add centre line lights in the taxi way option that maybe and just maybe brisbane airport could be be flyable at night again. 

Regards

The taxi lights and runway lights at Melbourne and Brisbane airports are provided as scenery items and not part of the APX. If they are missing then there is an issue with your graphics card not showing them. I'm not an authority in graphics cards or the scenery area but I do know that any lights from the APX for these airports will not show as the APX sits underneath the ground poly. You would need to cut a hole in the GP for each light for them to show.

There are a number of excludes within the APX but these should not exclude scenery within the main Orbx YBBN folder.

Have you tried installing YBBN again? You should be fine installing it over the top of your existing install.

Never edit the ORBX files.  You just forfeited any support whatsoever for that product by doing so.

If you need to edit them -- and I do this a lot, particularly with the military airbases - then you copy the ADE file or whatever you need into a new scenery folder and you add that above your ORBX scenery.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. Seeming i have edited the file i am thnking of purchasing a new YBBN as Wolter said i have breached the EULA by editing your files. So i will purchase another, I relised that by me adding the taxi line lighting in ADE it wont work, i guess if its my graphics card i will have to upgrade or live with it.

Ripcord, 

Do you mean make a YBBN folder placce the new ADE file in your addon scenery file?? And then add it over FTXYBBN??

Sorry all, and king regards

Jason, no need to purchase another copy. Simply re-install YBBN. 

There is nothing wrong with trying to "fix" things up and experimenting (that's how most devs get into it), but always backup original files.

Head over to FSDeveloper or OzX for help and guidance. Also, what Ripcord means that your newly compiled files are placed above Orbx scenery library entries in thier own scenery folder structure.

Archived