Only yellow colors in Fall foliage?

TracyQ

I suppose that depends very much of where in the world you are flying, also please take into account that FTXG replaces the stock fsX textures BUT does NOT replace the default LandClass files that came with fsX

Understood about the landclass,  but don't see how that is relevant.  BTW, flying from  KLNK to KGUY.   

The same is true flying around southern England in FTXG at the moment. Yellow trees everywhere. The autumn tree / forest colours are probably difficult things to get exactly right, as its a very subtle mix of different shades and hues, but if there is a way to tone the yellow down, and increase the browns and greens, it'd be much appreciated.  :)

I'm glad someone brought this up.  I've been wondering about a little relted issue myself.  In North America at least, the trees in Canada, Alaska, etc. are already turned for Fall and many places have leaves totally fallen now. (30 September)  But in Kentucky and further south almost no trees have started to turn.  Yet whan I fly in B.C. & in Georgia the trees are all in the same stage of turning.  In fact I've had yellow trees for at least three weeks?  Apparently background is date specific regardless of the location in the Northern Hemisphere.

I'm glad someone brought this up.  I've been wondering about a little relted issue myself.  In North America at least, the trees in Canada, Alaska, etc. are already turned for Fall and many places have leaves totally fallen now. (30 September)  But in Kentucky and further south almost no trees have started to turn.  Yet whan I fly in B.C. & in Georgia the trees are all in the same stage of turning.  In fact I've had yellow trees for at least three weeks?  Apparently background is date specific regardless of the location in the Northern Hemisphere.

For support queries please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s) to your Sig as per forum rules.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support

Yeah,  I think that when the seasons change in FSX,  they change all over the world at the same date and time,  nothing to do with FTXG.

However,  the original question remains unanswered.  

As far as I know, the seasons do not change everywhere at the same time.

I remember an animated picture by Holger Sandman showing the changes of the seasons in one of the North American FTX region sceneries over the 12 months of a year, it was quite complex and never the same.

I don't know about the default FSX seasons, this is of course what FTX Global is refering to.

What one must know is that fall does not look the same everywhere.

It seems though that mixing the trees and hence the falls colours has only recently been fully developed by ORBX.

In PNW for example there are mainly yellowish fall colours .

FTX Scotland shows the full colour palette, and I've seen colourful Global shots from Canada.

Here is one from Scotland to show what I mean.

You can even see the border between fall and summer textures:

6TjK2.jpg

Anyway, I would be also glad if the older sceneries would be updated to include more variety in fall :)

For Global, maybe the LCpacks will fix this?

Cheers,

Alex

I suppose that depends very much of where in the world you are flying, also please take into account that FTXG replaces the stock fsX textures BUT does NOT replace the default LandClass files that came with fsX

This does not address the OP. How can you mark this query as answered?

It was clear enough I thought. Global doesn't change the coarse default FSX definition of seasonal changes.  FTX regions will give you more seasonal variation and definition, but not Global by itself as it only replaces the textures. Agree a few reds and browns would be nice though.

Guys, in due course developers may find cheap algorithms to delay or accelerate seasonal changes across the globe, based not only on geographic regions, but also whether they are east or west coast of continents. low or high in elevation, existing in mountain passes and pockets and I could go on bore you with a long list of variations, but you are literally asking for the earth.

One day I am sure texture makers and LC makers will be able to build in geographic markers to ensure that the right degree of change is occurring for that place on the earth's surface.

But it is a big and complex task if you think it through.  So in the meantime we need to accept the imperfect ...  remembering that 20 years ago we flew from grid framed airports over no scenery to another grid framed airport.  Innovation is accelerating but some patience is still needed.

Archived