Future FTX product request: FTX Traffic!

simmerhead2

Now that my wishes from October 2011 have come true (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/37602-gex-type-of-software/?hl=simmerhead2#entry327776) I respectfully make another wish:

FTX Traffic.

Since ORBX by far is the leading FSX/P3D scenery company I would like to have more ORBX and less of anything else in my scenery collection. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for competition, but FSX is such an unstable platform that I've decided to keep things as simple as possible, hence I don't like to mix addons from many different makers.

So if ORBX would ever decide to create traffic packages count me in. Global would be nice, but even better would be traffic tailored for the various full FTX regions.

They've already released two AI packages, you want everything?  :P  :D

I want it all and I want it now!

But in all honesty I didn't know that. I thought I heard about a freeware pack that wasn't made by ORBX a while back, but I can't find anything in their web store. You have a link?

They've already released two AI packages, you want everything?  :P  :D

I know this statement was not aimed at me, however I want to answer it.  I do not want everything, but I would like to know if there are any plans to increase GA Traffic in the other North American regions?  I currently own PNW, CRM and NRM, and while I've explored PNW somewhat and enjoy greatly the AI there, When I fly in CRM and NRM, it would be wonderful to experience the same level of quality as in PNW.............is anyone planning anything for these two reasons?

Hi all

I have used "fsx_ga-traffic_releasecandidate2" in the past. This is the latest FSX version of this programme. It uses aircraft in your FSX Aircraft folder, both default and add-on aircraft. It is limited to planes below a certain weight so it will exclude airliners etc. It will generate traffic at "Afcaded" airfields and is able to be customised so it only generates traffic in countries that you choose. The amount of traffic is independent of the ai traffic slider in FSX. It is easy to setup but be careful of your selections when installing it. I have not had a problem with frames rates on my old I7-930 computer.

It is available at Avsim by searching for the file name or Markus Brunner.

Cheers

BernieF

Hi all

I have used "fsx_ga-traffic_releasecandidate2" in the past. This is the latest FSX version of this programme. It uses aircraft in your FSX Aircraft folder, both default and add-on aircraft. It is limited to planes below a certain weight so it will exclude airliners etc. It will generate traffic at "Afcaded" airfields and is able to be customised so it only generates traffic in countries that you choose. The amount of traffic is independent of the ai traffic slider in FSX. It is easy to setup but be careful of your selections when installing it. I have not had a problem with frames rates on my old I7-930 computer.

It is available at Avsim by searching for the file name or Markus Brunner.

Cheers

BernieF

Good tip. Sadly I am too lazy and have too little time on my hands. I just want to pay for a finished package :D

Sounds like you've got both FS9 and FSX bgl files, and you can't mix them.  FS9 files will suppress FSX traffic and you'll see nothing.

Hi Bruce, No I do not have FS9. What I was explaining is that if you have say ORBX KORS as your addon airport. This airport has it's own traffic bgl file that comes with the airport. If you install the orbx ai traffic package, the original traffic bgl that came with the airport (KORS) gets renamed i.e.  to traffic.bgl.passive, or something to that affect. This allows the new addon package to have complete control and to possibly prevent duplicates with parking I would guess. My comment really had to do with not seeing any traffic after adding in this package. I was making an assumption that it may or may not work with P3D. Just trying to find out why I see no traffic.

Bob

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have something in development and are just waiting for the right time to announce it. They've been fairly quiet regarding AI traffic lately, maybe its just because of the FTX Global rush, or maybe planning something bigger, just speculating :D

I'd be keen for this too.  There's a lot of competition in the airline area, but some GA planes, or even better putting bushplanes into Alaska and Canada, would be great.  There don't seem to be very many small GA type AI aircraft out there at the moment, free or payware.

I think the trouble here is that most people already own a Traffic addon catering for the heavy metal and they have a pretty long life cycle.

Most are updated for free so any competing product would have to be pretty revolutionary to make the punter think oh ill ditch my current product for that.

I'd be keen for this too.  There's a lot of competition in the airline area, but some GA planes, or even better putting bushplanes into Alaska and Canada, would be great.  There don't seem to be very many small GA type AI aircraft out there at the moment, free or payware.

Hi A.B.,

my understanding is that the AI-data files make use of any of the planes that are already on your system. So if you have the Orbx-NA-traffic there should be planty of planes to assign.

And a short look into the manual of a freeware AI-maker convinced me that it is not too complicated to create a file. So I think that this is clearly a job for the crowd of Orbx-users in the PNW/PFJ/SAK region!

Maybe you can start this as a thread in the add-on area of this forum since you have already created the Alaska_AI_v2-file?

I agree - I want more traffic..... I have both the GA-AI (don't fly much down under...but stll have it loaded) I want Heavies....... I also have loaded some Ships AI by Henrik Nielsen (I believe he developed this specfically for FSX) in general this works fairly well but initial set up had some wake effects issues. This seems to be resolved.....perhaps we can bring him in to the fold for this essential and immersive feature?

I too have both the ORBX GA-AI for PNW & CRM, and they integrate perfectly with Just Flight's "Trafic X" ... so I get a good mix of "souped-up" light aircraft, helicopters, military traffic AND airliners ......!!!!

David

That's cool! Best of both worlds.

Problem with other AI packages is that they are all major arline oriented.

Hi A.B.,

my understanding is that the AI-data files make use of any of the planes that are already on your system. So if you have the Orbx-NA-traffic there should be planty of planes to assign.

And a short look into the manual of a freeware AI-maker convinced me that it is not too complicated to create a file. So I think that this is clearly a job for the crowd of Orbx-users in the PNW/PFJ/SAK region!

Maybe you can start this as a thread in the add-on area of this forum since you have already created the Alaska_AI_v2-file?

True, but I would personally like to see a greater variety.  Last time I checked, at least, all of the Cessnas were C-177s regradless of their names (which makes sense as the other Cessnas by that author are payware).  I'd love to see someone make some new AI optimised models of Cessna 180s, DeHavilland Beavers and Otters, Aviat Huskies and other bush planes (especially if they came on floats, tundra tires or skies!).

I've found one or two bushplanes for free that I do intend to add to the Alaska AI file.

Archived