Help adding photos vice screenshots

paddler

Hi Folks,

I have done OK adding screenshots to a post but now I want to add some digital photos that I have taken. When I try to upload them to a sharing site as I do with screenshots they say that the file is too large, The camera saves as 12mg. I tried to open them in a paint program and downsize them but I have not had any luck doing so.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks.

In your paint software look for resize this should allow you to reduce, When you have done this use a save as function to save the file as a JPEG, right click on the file and check the properties.

I use corel paint shop pro so have not done this in paint but it should work

Taph,

Thanks mate. I got it to work by opening the picture in my photo file and then clicking on "share" "Email" then going to my email draft and saving the image again in the reduced size. I am using Windows 8 and it is difficult to figure out how to do the things that I did so easily in Windows 7. Very frustrating for an non-computer guy. I am not a Windows 8 fan!

Take a look at this FREE tool: http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

Re-size your pics on your local PC first, get them the way you want them .... *then* upload them to wherever.

The problem with a lot of the online methods is they often use pretty basic compression routines that can turn your fine pictures into mush. You really don't want them to resize *at all* (many online pic hosters allow you the option of uploading only - skipping the resizing step).

Adam.

Archived