FSGENESIS for FSX

gsumner

Hi,

im thinking of a mesh product for my FSX to compliment FTX Global and add a few more bumps here and there. I cant find a decent review of fsgenesis anywhere or whether its any good for FTXG. I know there are much bigger and better mesh products with 6 hour installations and 40 - 50 gb of info but fsgenesis seems to be just 4Gb and about 20 dollars at the moment which seems ok as a starting point.

Can anyone offer any suggestions please.

Graham

You get what you pay for. There is probably a reason why ORBX has teamed up with PILOTS, when it comes to FSGlobal Vector (FTXGlobal Vector) and as FSGlobal Ultimate, developed by PILOTS,  is the competitor to FSGenesis,...................... draw your own conclusions.

In my opinion 50 GB of data must include more and better data than 4 GB. I have them both and very rapidly uninstalled FSGenesis.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I've got FSGenesis global pack that i bought to go with the FTX Global and it does everything I need to cover the rest of the world where I only fly occasionally.  It changes the rolling round hills in Africa and South America to actual mountains etc and that is all I need.

Quite a lot of airports in the rest of the world are in trenches or on plateaux, and this is something the new vestor pack is supposed to address,and the word from JV is that the FSGenesis product wil be compatible with the amended airports list.

I have FSGenesis mesh and am quite happy with it.  I also have Pilot's Aerodrome Flattening Meshes tool which works with most, but not all, airports in trenches and plateaus with FSGenesis..

+2

It has worked quite well for me.

FSGlobal on a worldwide scale is by far higher resolution at average 19m (than the basic FSGen world package at 76m) but i am personally more than content with FSGenisis.

FSGENISIS $20 World Coverage does nothing for North America default mesh, but improves the rest by 16x. (Takes it from 612m resolution to 76m resolution).

I bought it because the TONGA islands with default mesh are flat pancakes, and it worked wonders for those islands.

Also don't need the 50gb footprint or the bleeding wallet just for mesh.. but that's just me.

-----------------------

Edit:

FSGenisis continental coverages are at an average of 10m.. but it looks like FSGlobal is easier on the wallet for the full boat. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

Hi,

im thinking of a mesh product for my FSX to compliment FTX Global and add a few more bumps here and there. I cant find a decent review of fsgenesis anywhere or whether its any good for FTXG. I know there are much bigger and better mesh products with 6 hour installations and 40 - 50 gb of info but fsgenesis seems to be just 4Gb and about 20 dollars at the moment which seems ok as a starting point.

Can anyone offer any suggestions please.

Graham

You would need all or nearly all of the FSGenesis mesh products to get the same visual effect as the FS Global mesh product from Pilots. The basic world mesh is not going to provide that.  I do run FSGenesis but that's because years ago I bought one of their Galaxy memberships and have access to basically all their products except any future ones based on their new NextMap stuff they're doing.  A full install of all that mesh is much more than 4GB. 

FSgenesis is the original and still the best.

The world terrain mesh at 76m is only one of many products.

The North America and Nextmap stuff is all at 9m.

Had a Galaxy Lifetime membership with FSGENESIS for many years now. It's been incredible value

Archived