Alaska Hidden Runway Issues

Andrew 737

Hi

The screen shot is a picture of SAK default PAJN airport.

EY7ax.gif

I use FS Global Ultimate Mesh as well as FS Global 2010 Mesh - Where I use the Ultimate the FSG 2010 is de-activated in the scenery library

Any Ideas how I can fix this please?

Thank you

BTW - Sorry about the poor quality Screenie!!!

to me it looks you have an elevation issue that is cured easy,

go to => E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

look for ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment it should have a .bgl extension

make sure you have only 1 file with that tag, if you find one with the .off extension just rename it to .bgl

if you find two files with that tag and you are set to NA via FTX Central delete the one with the .off extension

make sure you have only 1 file with that tag, if you find one with the .off extension just rename it to .bgl

if you find two files with that tag and you are set to NA via FTX Central delete the one with the .off extension

Hey Wolter

Ok buddy, will try and get back to you - thank you

Kind Regards

Hi Wolter

Just to check is this a known isolated issue?

Also as PAJN is out will that fix my issue if I just install that?

Or should I do as you suggest above?

Thank you

Andrew

Hi Wolter

With FTX Central set to NA, There is only one ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment and it does have a .BGL extension.

Please help more with this

Thank you

EDIT - More weirdness; If I fly away from the airfield the problems disappear!!! I slewed around to see if there were other issues in the area and when I turned back the problem was gone! On approach to the runway the problems started appearing again, gradually, as I got closer and lower - I hope this helps?

Have you tried, for testing purposes, running the aiprort with all other third party mesh products deactivated. That way you'll be able to pinpoint whether it is indeed a mesh issue.

Not Yet Howard; just been working - I will give it a go now and report :)

All Off - No Joy!

Still have the problem :(

Do you by any chance happen to have Ultimate Terrain Alaska installed? If you do there is a tool on this forum that when ran automatically disables areas in UTX Alaska's coverage area that conflict FTX Southern Alaska...

Hi Jocko

I disabled UT Alaska in the scenery library mate :(

Hi Jocko

I disabled UT Alaska in the scenery library mate :(

Doesn't matter, you have to disable each airport area covered by UTX Alaska that is in conflict with FTX Southern Alaska using the 'UT Alaska Setup utility'. This is because the modifications are made in the terrain.cfg file; I think... Here, use this tool to properly disable UTX Alaska areas, it's a batch file tool that will take the pain out of disabling each area one at a time:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56683-ultimate-alaska-x-and-ultimate-terrain-x-canada-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/

Jocko

Please excuse my ignorance - thank you for this guidance :)

I will read the thread and give it a go

Thanks again mate

No problem mate, I made the same mistake after installing FTX Southern Alaska alongside UTX Alaska... I had a whole bunch of airports that had sunken runways and the little bat file detailed in that link I posted corrected everything for me.

Cheers

Jocko

No problem mate, I made the same mistake after installing FTX Southern Alaska alongside UTX Alaska... I had a whole bunch of airports that had sunken runways and the little bat file detailed in that link I posted corrected everything for me.

Cheers

Jocko

Hi Jocko

I think I am fixed all thanks to you mate; Definitely Better - Thank you

Please can you look at the 'Bank' off the edge of the runway and let me know if its correct please?

irIF.jpg

Thanks Jocko

Archived