Juneau PAJN - background noise?

hjmx

I have eagerly waited for PAJN and just downloaded and installed it. The scenery looks pretty good with a lot of nice details. But after a while i felt that I am missing something. Overall the whole scenery feels a litle lifeless (sterile). There is no background noise and  moves on the airport. Just see some people working at Alaska Airlines B737. I don't have this impression on other orbx airports. Am I doing sth wrong?

Cheers,

Harry

I think PAJN looks great.

I'm not a big fan of airport sounds.  Hearing birds chirping and dogs barking over the nose of aircraft engines is unrealistic and not for me, so I turn the ambient sounds off.

Sounds are OK if you're walking around with Bob.  I just tend to be flying :)

If I could shut down the engine, open the canopy and THEN hear birds, dogs, car engines, etc..  That would be great, but FSX can't do it.

You might get more feedback if this was posted in the "General" forum.  Since PAJN is working correctly, it's not really a "support" issue IMHO.

Completely agree with Harry. Complete silence over there. Where are the enviromental sounds that comes with other orbx packages? Even more that it´s an airport that makes frontier with a lot of nature over there. The scenery is beautiful but lacks perhaps some sounds like airport machinery (Like Darrington), aircraft flying overhead, etc.

The scenery is beautiful but lacks perhaps some sounds like airport machinery (Like Darrington), aircraft flying overhead, etc.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, maybe also ai-traffic could be more (which also produces more sound) - but this is not an ORBX issue. @h3pilot, no problem get this post moved to general forum.

Harry

I think PAJN looks great.

I'm not a big fan of airport sounds.  Hearing birds chirping and dogs barking over the nose of aircraft engines is unrealistic and not for me, so I turn the ambient sounds off.

Sounds are OK if you're walking around with Bob.  I just tend to be flying :)

If I could shut down the engine, open the canopy and THEN hear birds, dogs, car engines, etc..  That would be great, but FSX can't do it.

You might get more feedback if this was posted in the "General" forum.  Since PAJN is working correctly, it's not really a "support" issue IMHO.

You hit the nail on the head. It is totally unrealistic when sitting in my P-51, engine running, helmet on and canopy closed, and you hear birds chirp. :rolleyes:

but its totaly unrealistic too when youre outside of The shutoff plane and it appears that you forgot your ears home.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

I agree flaviossa.

Unfortunately, FSX forces a choice between all or nothing.  You either hear birds over the roar of your engine or it is dead quiet when you shut down.

Yes, it is nice to enable sounds the 1% of the time I walk around with Bob.  But, FSX is a flight simulator.  99% of the time I'm flying (and shouldn't be able to hear birds).

I don't mind the ability to enable airport sounds, but given FSX's limits, I just rarely do.

I think PAJN looks great and a lack of airport noise didn't slow my purchase of it. :)

BTW, with regard to hjmx's original post,  I do like movement on airports.  Vehicles, tugs, people, aircraft.  As long as it doesn't kill FPS.

I must admit, I enjoy hearing all the ambient sounds before a flight while I am doing the walkaround. And,yes, I actually do a walkaround before any flight. Can't wait till I get A2A's new C172 Trainer with Accu-Sim.

It is mainly determined by the airport I am at. A smaller airport like Tipella that has a lot of environment but not too many TO's or landings will have a lot more ambient sounds than an airport like Pocatello Idaho that will  have more AI traffic and vehicles but due to it's size won't have a lot of ambient sounds like birds, vehicles, etc. But go to a really busy airport like Seattle Tacoma and you will have quite a bit more AI traffic and vehicles (depending on your settings) but hardly any birds or animals.

I tend to like GA flight more than commercial airliners, although I sometimes like to make a trip in a Continental 737 with FS2Crew, starting at a gate and imagine myself an actual pilot on a real life flight.

Yes, I think I like a bit of calming environmental "noise" before a flight into the "wild blue yonder".

Cheers,

Grover

so meanings are different about this topic. I admit, hearing birds and dogs during landing is probably not a good idea on airports like PAJN. But what I meant was more typical airport background noise (cars, airport machines, ...).

Harry

Archived