Mixed area of open and frozen lakes FTXG

paddler

First let me say thanks for FTXG. I have had it for a while and have recently spent time flying around my home territory in Eastern Ontario, specifically the area West and South of Ottawa.

I continue to have a mixed display of open water lakes and iced over lakes, adjacent to each other. My settings are for summer using the real dates and time. Though it is early by a few weeks, the deciduous trees are turning into their bright fall colors. That is reasonable, the mixed water on the lakes is not. I have also spotted a couple of elevation issues on the Ottawa River just west of Deep River with what appears to be a waterfall effect running diagonally across the widening of the river above the Des Joachims dam. I have spent a few days flying around the area to confirm that this is a widespread effect.

Sorry no pictures, but I can provide some if helpful.

I don't believe that this is just an issue with my settings, but may be a coding problem. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Rick

Not sure if you are aware that FTXG only replaces the FSX textures and not landclass or seasons control files. Whilst there is a tiny amount of landclass included in the product it only affects less than 0.5% of the world to correct glaring issues.

So whatever behaviour you are seeing with regards to lakes and seasons, it is the same as what you'll see with FSX default.

David,

Yes I do! I have never noticed this effect in this same area before as early in September. Having said that, it is in the back of my mind that last spring, say April, I did notice some late thawing of the  lakes. I will take this as the answer to the issue. I will check my UTX Canada settings.

Thanks.

Rick

• 4 months later...

Archived