Cannot install Patch 1.10

speedbird144

My install is on a separate drive for all FSX and related programs. I get this same error. So probably not related to your Program Files directory.

When running FSX after this error, it looks like the new textures are installed for the midwest (very nice),  but I can't get the same lighting results as what is posted in the release screen shots. Perhaps the error occur when FTX Central tries to update vector lighting?

Mark Gill

As I posted in another support topic Limri has been active in ...

Using the forum search function (set to search "Forums") and using the search phrase "restore.bat" will show you that this error has happened a few times before for other customers, and they have also resolved the issue. Sometimes using others' solutions gives you an answer.

For instance in this topic I found that some people fixed the error by changing permissions to FTXCentral.exe, disabling certain software etc. have a read for yourself - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63506-since-installing-ftxg-i-keep-getting-this/

If this was a major flaw in FTX Central we would have thousands of customer support posts about it, but it likely is environmental to your PC rather than any specific bug in our code, since FTXCentral.exe is already internally signed to have admin privileges.

Indeed it is off topic and Steve and I have already discussed ideas for a suitable reseller for him. Orbx is not interested in publishing a DX10 tool, it's not our core business.

Very helpful, thank you for that!....Some might argue though that DX10 is the way forward though, with more frames , better smoothness and a lot less crashes....!

Archived