No runway lights at Shoreham

rockliffe

OK, not exactly true, but almost. On a night flight from EGGD to EGKA this evening I found it virtually impossible to distinguish the airport until I was literally a few hundred yards away! My approach was into rwy 02 which had no papi lights but more worrying, the intensity of the runway lights was so low it was a waste of time even trying to grab a screenshot as they were almost non existent. I have REX lights set at default in the REX themes panel. I was flying without Shade at the time and so very confused as to what it might be. I have also installed the latest libs. Any ideas fellas would be welcome. Thanks...

BTW: Unsure whether it's connected, but I have noticed for some time that night lighting in general is pretty weak throughout the UK, far more so than when flying outside a region and using FTXG which displays superb nightlighting. Could there be a connection?

I have exactly the same experience with Shoreham as Howard (with night lighting switch on). Landing at night at EGKA is (almost)impossible, taking into account that the navaids at this field are very limited.

Regards,

René

Thanks Wolter. I think maybe in the meantime I'll TRY and get some screenshots, but as I mentioned earlier, they are likely to show very little...

EDIT: I have managed to get a couple of pics. One Cardiff and the other Shoreham. I know Cardiff is an international airport but nevertheless it should still provide a comparison on runway and terminal lights...Here's Shoreham... somewhere below is the runway!

hJjlL.jpg

and here's Cardiff...

klXGw.jpg

Hello Howard,

I too have come across this with some airports too.   It makes it almost impossible to do circuits for night rating.  I was trying to do this with Cessnock the other night.

Maybe airstrips lights are less dim than the surrounding street and housing lights?

Cheers.

Tim...

fella's,

try and add this to your fsX.cfg under the [Display] section

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

play a bit with the numbers for higher or lower intensity

Thanks a bunch Wolter. I'll do some tests and report back, cheers...

fella's,

try and add this to your fsX.cfg under the [Display] section

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

play a bit with the numbers for higher or lower intensity

Hi Wolter, I have tried your suggestion but have had zero success I'm afraid. Even the terminal building looks very dark. I tried several values in the cfg tweak you suggested, but none made any difference...

Hi,

This is how mine look

post-17521-0-57658400-1379009780_thumb.j

Maybe its something to do with the tweaks to the config you tried? or maybe try the light tweaker in FTX Central otherwise i have no idea.

If you wanna go back to the original then download this file shoreham-original.zip

Extract to a temp folder some where then copy the folder (ORBX) and overwrite the version found in the FSX/P3D root folder.

This will restore it back to original.

Paul

Archived