The Mustang !

Heiko Glatthorn

Well what can i say only great looking aircraft very nice shots i might even eat my words here when i said in a earlier post i thought it was a bit expensive, But i might even buy one myself after seeing those shots a very nice detailed aircraft indeed.

cheers

Iain.

Awesome shots Heiko,

I've been waiting for this plane for sometime now... I am so excited its finally out.

I'll be getting mine tonight, you can expect quite a number of paints from me for this plane... and I feel at least a couple of HD's would be appropriate. I hope you like them looking used!  ;D

JV @MTOW - take off 948 and landing distance is 725 meters, to give everyone an idea Lord Howe is 886 so it will fit nearly anywhere.  ;D ;D

Cheers,

Butch

Awesome shots Heiko,

I've been waiting for this plane for sometime now... I am so excited its finally out.

I'll be getting mine tonight, you can expect quite a number of paints from me for this plane... and I feel at least a couple of HD's would be appropriate. I hope you like them looking used!  ;D

JV @MTOW - take off 948 and landing distance is 725 meters, to give everyone an idea Lord Howe is 886 so it will fit nearly anywhere.  ;D ;D

Cheers,

Butch

Mate had a little look around, 99% of the ones I saw were pretty much the standard paint like in Heiko's screenies, heres the only one I thought that was decent.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sky-Taxi.eu/Cessna%20510%20Citation%20Mustang/1425497/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=keyword_(%27+%22cessna%22_+%22mustang%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE))_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=16&prev_id=&next_id=1425004

Thanks for your nice comments guys  :). The link:  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

Can't wait for your beautiful repaints  8) !

John, i didn't try it yet to land at Warnervale (a job for today), just made some approaches at Coffs to get a 'feel'. But as far as i can tell it will be no problem at all. You come in nice and slow with that one. Not sure about the take off - how long is the runway there ?  ;D

Hi

I bought the plane last night and also went for a quick run around Coffs and YMML to see what the frame rates were like. To tell the truth I couldnt see any dissernable difference to say the fsx mooey.  As for handling,,, easy, smooth extremelly responsive, easy to taxi on the runway and for tight turns when you start in too small a park in a GA area  :-[ . Also extremelly hard to get out of a spin if you do something stupid with the engines throttled down too low. THe cabin has full glass and is extremlly easy to navigate around. The manual that comes with the plane is also very compthensive... I hope that answers a few.  One day I wil learn how to send in decent screen shots.. oh well there are so many others that do a good job at that.  Oh and the download was only a matter of a minute  :)

Ken

Yes, like Ken mentioned, the FPS impact is not that big (sure depends on the individual PC). I don't have the 767, but i would compare it with maybe the DA Cheyenne. When you follow the link to Flight1, you can download the manual - this will give a perfect idea about the systems. It handles IMO very well. There is this typical high pitch airliner noise inside (what is that, the aircon ?) which is a little bit too loud (but probably authentic). Maybe it can be turned down with a cfg tweak. Everything else is fine. I really like the sound when you flip a switch or work on the Garmin and AP.

Mate had a little look around, 99% of the ones I saw were pretty much the standard paint like in Heiko's screenies, heres the only one I thought that was decent.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sky-Taxi.eu/Cessna%20510%20Citation%20Mustang/1425497/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=keyword_(%27+%22cessna%22_+%22mustang%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE))_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=16&prev_id=&next_id=1425004

Hi Ryan,

Well this plane ticks all the boxes for me, its fast, is a button pushers-gadget junkie's dream and will fit in nearly every paved runway in AU. For the shorter ones it will have a very interesting pucker factor to get it in...  :o

Thanks for that link, I did do a search in the usual spots as well and your right, 99% of them are simply populated with those swishy things. Fortunately FS is merely an abstraction of reality and our imagination is the limit, I've never let reality get in the way of a cool scheme concept. ;D

I think BHP will the first scheme...

But not before we finish our project.  ;)

Cheers,

Butch

Thanx Heiko.

Those are fantastic shots of a fantastic aircraft.

I'm sure sold. I have to wait to Friday, though. I'm afraid I used up all the bandwidth this month and am busted back to dial-up (i'm using 60gb per month!).

I used to fly the little Falcon in FS9 and it was  treat to fly but no where near as detailed as that beauty.

Added to all that, if AC does some of his magic with a few paint jobs, what more could a man ask for Xmas......Woohoo!

Frank

Sorry Butch,

wasn't giving you the creds too, mate.

I hope you and your offsider can do another beautiful High def for this little beauty.

It's one of the reasons I bought the Carenado.

And I used to love flying 737's....hahaha

Frank

Hi Guys,

Love your shots Heiko.

I've just returned from my cruise to NZ and received my email from Flight 1 that my Mustang was ready to be picked up (went through the preorder process). I eagerly downloaded it and spent most of yesterday arvo enjoying FTX and REX from a higher perspective.

LOVELY AIRCRAFT!  I'm now coming to grips with the support documentation, so I can fly it as close to realistic as possible.

By the way, NZ is such a magnificent place scenery wise. John and the guys would find it a satisfying challenge and as it's much smaller than the Australian continent, I imagine it would be easier to put together.

I still love "low and slow" but it's nice to mix it up with other aircraft types to make things interesting.

Regards,

Paul

Archived