Question about FTX SAK & Glacier Bay V2 FS9 scenery

wolfko

There is a certain hunting lodge/cabin included in Holger’s Glacier Bay V2 scenery, which I have forgotten the name of. I used to visit this place lots in FS9 (which I do not have installed on my current PC). If I remember correctly there comes even a pre saved flight with GB V2 which starts approaching the little strip at the lodge/cabin in a thunderstorm. There’s also lot of deer static modelled around the lodge. Does anybody know the name of this place, because I would like to visit itin FTX SAK.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I don't have FS9 installed anymore either but your description of the deer herd sounds like the fictitious "Wood Lake Research Station" that Jay Langham made as part of the GBv2 team and placed west of Gustavus, according to the GBv2 manual at N58°30.43' W136°25.77'. As far as I know Jay isn't active in FS development anymore and thus SAK doesn't include any of his files.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Yes, "Wood Lake Research Station" I think tht's what it was! Thank you very much for the coordinates. I already assumed that the Station won't be modelled in SAK, but anyhow, I'll check out the spot tonight.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Archived