Pakt Buried

Venturi

++++++ EDIT++++++

stand by on this for now!

Need some help Please

I cant find PAKT. I have checked the only 2 places for AFCADS as shown in the pics and dont see anything but FTX and ORBX. What else or where else should I look for a conflict?

I only have FSgenises world mesh active that Im aware of and no mesh in the library.

any ideas anyone?

th_pakt_zps31b5f3bb.png

th_paktdriveE_zps83a5f157.png

th_paktdrived_zps39be4c32.png

New development

since my last post, I just recieved a windows 7 update and can no longer open FSX (CTD on loading)

I just finished a 7 day reinstall of fsx too.  Dont even know where to start with this now :-(

looking in the event viewer I can see this

+

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Windows Error Reporting

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2013-08-15T04:57:21.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

bb-PC

Security

-

EventData

APPCRASH

Not available

fsx.exe

475e17d3

StackHash_0a67

c0000005

753ec9f5

C:\Users\bb\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBE4F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\bb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_889ea592f3fe84aec71f8e04d287e6273a9c072_14f6c6b8

28f16c44-0567-11e3-a2b9-c8600024690b

further info may help

+

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Application Error

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2013-08-15T08:14:33.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel

Application

Computer

bb-PC

Security

-

EventData

fsx.exe

475e17d3

unknown

c0000005

74e5c9f5

01ce998f6fa07396

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\fsx.exe

unknown

b6ee9773-0582-11e3-8907-c8600024690b

Hi Zoran, while you're waiting for some help from one of the support team, perhaps I could offer some advice. First, if you have done a Win update without any intervention then it is likely to have updated your video driver and in doing so possibly damaged/changed the registry. If you ever do an update never let the update change drivers, always do this manually and separately. As for this issue I would suggest a system restore. I know some guys don't like doing this, but in all the years I have used this method, it has never been a problem. As for the original issue with the cliffs, I would say two things, first install the latest libraries as it could be a problem and second, most likely it is a conflict with your FS Genesis Mesh. I'm afraid when using third party mesh, this is something that will cause issues at some airports I'm afraid. The only way round it is to change the elevation of the airprort using a programme such as Airport Design Editor or switch off the mesh.

As I say, one of the gurus may endorse my advice or may well have some alternative suggestions. I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Howard, but something really odd happened when I went to check on jackson hole and it wasn't there either and the region was set to NA. All of this happened after updating patches  all morning

Then after a restart it started crashing. The fact that jackson hole was suddenly missing leads me to beleive its not fs genesis as I never had problems with it before.

Already did a systems restore

Have you tried switching FTX central to default and then back to US? I think one of the gurus will have to help out as other than my original suggestions I'm unsure how to proceed.

BTW is KJAC in the scenery library? If not, have you tried adding it manually?

Hi there,

sorry to hear of your woes, if the issues started after you installed all updates and patches from MS, then probably it would be better to a system restore to the situation before those patches where applied,

also and please don't get me wrong, make it a habit that when you update the OS to never ever run something else and after the thing is finished to do a cold reboot

Have you tried switching FTX central to default and then back to US? I think one of the gurus will have to help out as other than my original suggestions I'm unsure how to proceed.

BTW is KJAC in the scenery library? If not, have you tried adding it manually?

Howard you legend, default did the trick! I never would have thought of that

Wolter, I meant patching ORBX as I bought a lot of DVD's last week. It was after patching ORBX that it started crashing. 

Its still crashing but only when its switched to US

ok, just to make sure, what is not working correctly ?

make it a rule of thumb before installing FTX addons / updates to a region set FTX Central to that region and hit Apply,

when installing outside a region set FTX Central to FTX Global un-tick all 3 checkboxes and hit apply

make sure your fsX install is exempt from your AV program as those really can create havoc by deleting files and not even mentioning it

I screwed up there Wolter, after 7 days of non stop downloading to re install FSX I was on Auto pilot when applying orbx patches and didnt set the switches to default. After I realised this I re patched again setting the correct regions but now only FTX default will boot FSX.

I dont understand this

"make sure your fsX install is exempt from your AV program" 

A bit late for that its all done now , I have Avira payware and I reckon even the devs at orbx would struggle with trying to set up exclusion on that one  8)

apart from this minor glitch performance is stunning!

will I need to reinstall ORBX? FTX central is buggy and not working out of default

Its not a big deal as I have all of ORBX downloads saved, but still I would rather find an easy fix if there is one  ::)

no worries :)

the PAKT elevation issue seems like not active bgl file, please have a look in your ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and check when FTX Central is set to NA that all files that are named:

ADE_FTX_CRM_XXX_elevation_adjustment

ADE_FTX_NRM_XXX_elevation_adjustment

ADE_FTX_PFJ_XXX_elevation_adjustment

ADE_FTX_PNW_XXX_elevation_adjustment

ADE_FTX_SAK_XXX_elevation_adjustment

have a .BGL extension, if not, then rightclick and rename them, if by any chance you have installed the RTMM files for PAKT if my memory serves me correct there was also a file that needed to be added to work correctly with PAKT from the RTMM guys.

please make darned sure that you don't have double files with both the .OFF extension and .BGL extension, if that's the case then delete all the ones with the same prefix that have the .OFF extension, careful to NOT delete any other files than the ones I mentioned previously

if the FTX Central install is flunked then please let me know what the exact error message is so I can advise accordingly what to be the next steps

Archived