FSX "fatal error" at NZTL [Real NZ Tekapo issue]

Dibidut

Fatal error in FSX if i load NZTL Tekapo River also if i try to reach  Tekapo from ei. NZUK, the simulator crash LAT:44" 4.94,  LON 170" 6.81

LAT:44" 9.66  LON  170" 8.94

My NZSI is 1.0 path 2 DEC12 and NZNI is 1.0

Can anybody confirm that NZTL actually works in ORBX Global and or ORBX NZSI ??

Kind regards

Henrik

Thanks Wolter. Im about to trouble shooting this because i have brought and installed, Robin Corns Southern Lakes, but only Wanaka will work.

Tekapo make a "fatal error" in FSX . :-[ and if i uninstall Tekapo i also have "fatal error" in FSX :

I have sent Robin a Mail, regarding this and he is working on it now, so i hope the bedst ::)

Kind regards

Henrik 

There's a small download currently being tested on NZFF, just follow the directions in this post.

It does seem to affect 64bit systems only? Hopefully this will fix it, let me know if any problems or questions.

-Robin Corn

EDIT: Sorry, just to make it clearer, this is for use with Real NZ Tekapo only, not the FTX version of Tekapo.

The fix worked on my system no problem. Thanks Robin, great service as always and really looking forward to your Wellington airport.

Hi Robin and Jeff.

I can also confirm that the Fix worked on my 64bit system, i dont get "Fatal error" any more. ::)

It now look like this:

FSX_ORBX_FTX_NZ_FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY_scenery_:

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTL.bak

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTL_CVX.bak

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTL_objects.bak 

FSX_Scenery_World_scenery_: 

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTL_elevation_adjustment.bak + NZTL_ADEX_GVF_ALT.BGL(New Robin File).

(For me it just dosent matter if the "ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTL_elevation_adjustment." is a BAK or a BGL file.)

I dont know the place personly, but it seems that the Airport/strip is on a plateau, right ??

Thanks

Kind regards

Henrik

I've never been there, but it isn't on a plateau as far as I know. A quick check on Google Earth also seems to support this.

Mine looks like this... so I see your issue. Fairly certain it isn't on a plateau in default FSX / ORBX.

I'll flick a link to Robin...

yaj2.jpg

ckas.jpg

Patches for most of the older scenery areas (Southern Lakes goes back to 2009) were designed to make existing 'legacy' scenery work with FTX NZ. Tekapo was probably the least effective with FTX, and it did get the least 'treatment', so it does include the original default/VLC flatten (neither of which resulted in a plateau). This makes sure that the airport actually works, but I admit the plateau doesn't do it any favours.

I can't promise anything this week, but I will replace the flatten at some stage. Keep an eye on NZFF for an update.

I don't know if it's obvious to those who visit my site from here, but the 'FTX-compatible' compilation is made up of one 'modern' hi-res scenery (Nelson) and the rest is older, 'legacy' stuff which is of more use to locals, rather than those looking for FTX-style scenery addons. It is priced accordingly, though. The stand-alone Real NZ Nelson is a better choice for those who are expecting something a bit more 'tailored' for FTX.

-Robin Corn

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if this ever got sorted. 

Robin has the FTX Compatible pack on sale right now so I grabbed it.  Nelson is great and Auckland is very good as well.  A little elevation issue with the heliport at Mechanics Bay but that might be simple enough to fix.

Wanaka looks fine, but Tekapo is CTD, won't even load.  So I just disabled it and reset the ORBX FTX NZTL files back to .bgl (from. bak).

Hi Ripcord.

The last E-Mail, ive got from Robin is from 12-Aug-2013. So no solutions, afaik, about elevations and water on the shore of Auckland and surroundings.

For Tekapo, the fix is on : http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=19890  ZIP-File, for download :NZTL_ADEX_GVF_ALT.zip.

I dont have Robins Airports/strips/citys on my System anymore,. I was also hopeful, for some updates, down the road. :-

Kind regards

Henrik

Edit: and hey Jeff ::)

Archived