Forest in PHoenix, Az. area

Dana Mills

Well how is this problem solved? How can it be fixed?

with a LandClass file for that region, there are various addons out there that provide for the missing landclasses of fsX or you could wait a bit till the Team creates the LandClass files for that particular area,

as I personally do not have 3rd party LC files for that area, maybe others can advice which one is best suited for the given area.

Hi guys,

it looks like when ACES worked on the landclass polygon files for the Phoenix area they included surrounding regional/public parks and assigned their (green) urban park class (LC134) to them, which obviously is incorrect. The only way to get rid of those default polys is to exclude them. I believe UTX USA does that but if you don't have it installed I've attached below a quick&dirty exclude file that removes the larger park polys from the area; drop the bgl into your \Addon Scenery\scenery folder, or some other active scenery library menu entry that sits at higher display priority than the default numbered entries, and the green parks should disappear. 

Don't use this file if you have UTX USA installed as it may exclude some of their landclass polygons.

Obviously, the long run solution is more adequate landclass files with custom textures like in our region products.

Cheers, Holger

cvx_Phoenix_area_LC134-Park_excludes.zip

Hi guys,

it looks like when ACES worked on the landclass polygon files for the Phoenix area they included surrounding regional/public parks and assigned their (green) urban park class (LC134) to them, which obviously is incorrect. The only way to get rid of those default polys is to exclude them. I believe UTX USA does that but if you don't have it installed I've attached below a quick&dirty exclude file that removes the larger park polys from the area; drop the bgl into your \Addon Scenery\scenery folder, or some other active scenery library menu entry that sits at higher display priority than the default numbered entries, and the green parks should disappear. 

Don't use this file if you have UTX USA installed as it may exclude some of their landclass polygons.

Obviously, the long run solution is more adequate landclass files with custom textures like in our region products.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger 8)

Thank you Holger & Wolter, I'll give the file a try. I don't have UTX USA installed just ORBX. Thanks again....

Dana

Hi guys,

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Thanks for the help, the file you posted helped me out, it solved the problem.

Dana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived