AU RED - Holger's Roads and Other Shots

Here's a challenge then: can you include autogen spinifex and other bushes? The othere sceneries benefit immensely from the autogen, giving a true 3D character, but here, without the trees, it does look a bit flat, so some 'real' bushes would be great...

Just kidding, looking brilliant!

I wonder.. two things as I left the Alice back in the early eighties.. one, is the "South road" Alice - Adelaide sealed all the way through yet?, and Two.. I understand that the Ghan now runs all the way through to Darwin.. will this be depicted?? in Red (and maybe Green). Teecee.

The road south at least to where you turn off for Uluru is all black and good. The Ghan has been going to Darwin for  few years now but I doubt we'll see it yet. I hear FS11 may have railway interaction.

Alex

Those roads and textures look really good, Holger's roads seem to be a new approach for FSX, they look so much better than the original ones!

Are there any more information you'd like to share about these roads? :)

Those roads and textures look really good, Holger's roads seem to be a new approach for FSX, they look so much better than the original ones!

Are there any more information you'd like to share about these roads? :)

The FTX roads are custom textures which I made from aerial photos (around Warnambool in Victoria, from memory). Holger recolours them to suit Matt's texture pallette for each region. They look better than default because we match the colour of the skirtings to suit the changing landcapes, and also because we have bushes and scrub in the skirtings textures.

I wonder.. two things as I left the Alice back in the early eighties.. one, is the "South road" Alice - Adelaide sealed all the way through yet?, ......Teecee.

Yes it and and a fine piece of highway it was when I last drove it in '99

Archived