FTX Central scenery.cfg problem

Der Flieger

Hello,

I have just purchased FTX Global and this is my first ORBX product. After installation I have experienced a problem with FTX Globlal, I got a error message and wasn't able to set the insertion point for my scenery.cfg or add the entries for the openLC.

unbenannt2cu19.jpg

unbenannt2ecue6.jpg

My scenery.cfg is really big (over 1200 entries) and I am used to problems, for example the default scenery library function is not working anymore and so I am doing all the editing manually. But with a complex product like ORBX it would be great to have everything working, especially if there is a great tool like FTX Central. 

For now I have put in the entries for FTX Global (FTX Libraries, openLC Base and openLC Europe1) manually, but I would like to have FTX Central fixed, so it can handle every scenery.cfg no matter how many entries it has...

Hope you can help me and kind regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

not sure what could be the cause but the first thing I'd try is to temporarily replace your current scenery.cfg with the default backup from the FSX main folder. If FTX Central loads that file without error message then the issue is with your scenery.cfg file. In that case you can try a scenery.cfg checker like the one by Steve Greenwood -- http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?198596-FSX-Scenery-Config -- to look for syntax errors. If the error message remains then we'll have to hunt for other possible causes.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello Holger,

thanks for the tip, I have checked it with a backup scenery.cfg and everything worked. Unfortunately the scenery.cfg checker does not work as my scenery.cfg is simply too big and has too many entries. But I have another tool checking my scenery.cfg which corrects any syntax mistakes, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I think FTX Central just can't cope with the high number of areas in my scenery.cfg.

Cheers,

Sebastian

• 1 month later...

Could any of the ORBX staff answer my question? At this point I still cannot use FTX Central as it is meant to be. After the update to V1.1 I had to enter the new openLC entry for NA manually, but I don't want to continue like this.

At this point I am pretty sure that FTX Central simply can't handle my scenery.cfg because it has so many entries, would it be possible to fix this bug in FTX Central?

Hi there,this is the first report error of this kind. sorry we seem to have forgotten about it, it's not deliberate.

Please can you zip up your scenery.cfg file and email it to info@orbxsystems.com and we will analyse it. I imagine your scenery.cfg may be too large for ftxcentral.exe to parse correctly.

Once we get your file we will investigate.

Archived