point me in the right direction

Aceshigh

Point me to the correct post for this problem.

I installed your FTX Au Traffic version 1.0 tonight and then the black prop patch. V1.1.

But at Coffs harbour a Qantaslink DHC200 VH-TQY parked at the main terminal at Coffs harbour has black props?    I thought the traffic patch 1.1 fixed that?

or did I install it wrong?   

Posted Image

Thanks.

Yes I sometimes get the dash8 with black props as it gets closer - further away than about 100 metres they are fine again. 

I have everything installed and configured correctly, .. I'm pretty sure.

Strange.

Cheers

Thanks Wolter, but I ran that hotfix the day it was released, and a couple of times subsequently. It fixed everything but the Dash8 (when closer than about 100 metres), as stated above.

All a bit odd. Maybe Rob would like to comment on this ??

Cheers

Umm... I dont mean to sound rude but my post already says that I installed the blackprop patch.

I wrote:

"I installed your FTX Au Traffic version 1.0 tonight and then the black prop patch. V1.1."

So the patch did not work??  or is the patch need new aircraft added to it??

And of course the very first plane I see after installing had to be one the patch missed.  ... it figures !  LOL

help please.

Sorry I just noticed this is in the wrong forum.

My question relates to the free product, Au Traffic & its patch.

Move it if needed to the "Orbx FTX Freeware Support Forum" but I still would like to know

if the patch should be re-intalled or something else ?

thanks.

:)

Don't want to steal Aces' thunder here, but I have experienced the Dash 8 black props at Coffs Cairns and YMML, but only when closer to me than about 100 metres. As it taxies in from landing, they suddenly turn black when it gets in that approx range, or vice versa if taxying out.

Not a huge problem, just a tiny detraction from an otherwise topnotch experience. Maybe Rob can fix for us.

Cheers guys

Sorry have not had the time this week to check out the black props are more or less..  Only went for the one flight from Coffs harbour and seen the black props on the one aircraft.

Will have more time this week to see if it is only the one aircraft effected.

Will let you know...

:)

I'm at work at the moment so can't check, but I'm pretty sure the Dash 8 will be the PAI version, and this does not have a separate bitmap for the props. The prop is on the whole texture bmp, and so it will require an alpha channel change to make it transparent. I'm no expert, but I think this would have to be done for every livery, and as I say, I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Cheers

Jack

I'm at work at the moment so can't check, but I'm pretty sure the Dash 8 will be the PAI version, and this does not have a separate bitmap for the props. The prop is on the whole texture bmp, and so it will require an alpha channel change to make it transparent. I'm no expert, but I think this would have to be done for every livery, and as I say, I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Cheers

Jack

That's right - and that's what I did but there's something odd going on. Confirm you have DX10 off and are running FSX SP2?

Me too - DX10 off and running FSX Acceleration (with SP2) - or at least I was till last night, when I did an uninstall of ASX (wanted to reinstall in a different location), and it uninstalled half my FSX at the same time  ???>:(:o. Now I'm going to have to reinstall the whole kit and caboodle again  ::)

Jack

Good stuff..   :)

PS:  I do not wish to start a new topic for such a little question..   but Im serious.... LOL 

I cant find a single Jumbo jet anywhere ?  Parked or flying in FSX.  Are they missing from Au-traffic or FSX traffic?    lol

Previous question posted above:

"Question:   They do still fly 747s dont they?  LOL    .... I cant find or see a single 747 anywhere in Australia at any big city airport?   Any reason for that?

just curious...  hope I dont have another problem."

UPDATE:   Just been pointed to a addon called "AFCAD".  Hope it is the solution.,  thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, fixed the DHC-8 props; John will upload a hotfix with it.

Thanks to those who found the issue. I suspect the lower LODs don;t have the prop_blurred part, hence the wrong texture not showing at distance.

good news, now where do I find this new patch for the dash 8 black props ?        ..the upload is where... ?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, fixed the DHC-8 props; John will upload a hotfix with it.

Thanks to those who found the issue. I suspect the lower LODs don;t have the prop_blurred part, hence the wrong texture not showing at distance.

good news, now where do I find this new patch for the dash 8 black props ?        ..the upload is where... ?

thanks

The new patch is where?    or not posted as yet?   

thanks

Archived