FTX AU Blue - Perth Landclass

Serge

G'day guys,

Just a quick question regarding the landclass surrounding Perth. On my system it appears to be a little inaccurate in places. Is this just unique to my setup or is this a common issue? Example below is just south of the Perth CBD showing a big chunk of residential area missing (roads and shorelines are pretty accurate though :)). Top image is from Google Earth and the bottom image is from FSX (FTX AU Blue).

Google Earth Image

Posted Image

FSX (FTX AU Blue) Image - Need to get a better match for the river colour with REX!

Posted Image

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything regarding this on the forum so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Thanks,

Serge

I dont offer any behind the scenes advice mate, but I believe there will be some improvements when Jandakot is released and also with the upcomming perth city scape.  I think yoou will see all those issues resolved.

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention Serge. It appears there has been a problem with the Perth LC between beta testing and uploading onto our internal servers. Indeed the Perth tile has been updated with landclass modifications to support Jandakot release and also in the area to the south where it joins up with Margaret River.

The file that created the problem has been replaced. Koorby will be able to give an update on when this will be available publicly.

No worries Barry. Glad to hear you're on to it.

There are a few other smaller patches around the Perth metro area similar to this (one being directly north of the CBD) but it sounds like it's all part of the same problem and has been fixed.

Cheers,

Serge

G'day Bazz,

Could you please have a look at the l/c around the "Bibra Lake Industrial" area as well.  It looks like the texture seems to have reverted to vanilla FsX rather than the Industrial/Light Industrial that made it so much more realistic with the original AUBlue version.  Also the "Canning Vale" light industrial area seemed to have suffered the same fate.

Ceers and all the best.

G'day Chris,

Yes, I'm pretty sure we will have them returned to normal when the hotfix is released. Let me know afterwards if there is still some errors. Sorry I can't give you a release time for the fix as we are flat out at the moment with AU_Red, Jandakot and Warnervale.

Below is a general overview of the city looking south. Not a great shot but should give you an idea of the work we've been doing.

Posted Image

Thats great stuff Barry, thanks for the reply.  The attached picture you provided looks senstional mate, really looking forward to the release of YPJT.

While I'm about it, it also looks like the town of Busselton has gone somewhat AWOL, especially the bits immediately to the North and West of the Western End of the Vasse Estuary.  Having been down there only a week or so ago IRL, I was struck by just how much the area had developed.  I have checked the Google Maps version and they are not too bad a resource to get a reasonable idea of the extent of the town.  It would make the flight into YBLN that much more realistic if this area was polished up a bit IMHO.

Anyhow, cheers and thanks again.  I will have another look after the AUBlue SP is available.  I sould be a beta tester huh  :D

Cheers,

There will be an AU BLUE hotfix released at the same time as Warnervale's release which fixes the Perth issues Barry mentions. Thanks for your patience guys!

Woops, thanks for that JV, I was typing while you posted...  Sorry about that, and thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Initially I thought I had messed up my install of AU Blue when I first saw the blank area of Freo port, especially after being spoilt by the VOZ version for FS9. However according to an earlier post by John, Freo will appear in the Perth Cityscape release.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3142.msg30839#msg30839

Regards,

Serge

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Guys,

With the release YWVA, YPJT and just now AU Red I am wondering if there's any update on the AU Blue hotfix regarding these landclass issues? I was flying into Jandakot this evening via the power station and over adventure world to join downwind for runway 24R. This route takes me over the suburb of Hamilton Hill where I grew up and there's a very noticeable absence of the residential area here along with an adjoining suburb or two. This is in addition to the landclass issue in my original post.

I hope I don't come across as nagging as I realise it's been a busy period with Christmas, New Year and a few product releases. Hopefully you'll now be able to catch your breath and tidy this up. ;)

Excellent work on Jandakot by the way. Will now take a quick look at AU Red now that it's finished downloading while typing this post.  :)

Regards,

Serge

This is in addition to the landclass issue in my original post.

Regards,

Serge

Serge, your orginal issues were addressed by the landclass in the Jandakot release. You've now highlighted additional areas for us to look into, which will happen over the coming months.

G'day John,

Although I have Jandakot installed the landclass issue in my original post still exists. From what I can see it hasn't changed. Perhaps I'm missing something or stuffed up my install?

Is anyone else able to confirm this?

Regards,

Serge

G'day John,

Although I have Jandakot installed the landclass issue in my original post still exists. From what I can see it hasn't changed. Perhaps I'm missing something or stuffed up my install?

Is anyone else able to confirm this?

Regards,

Serge

Looks like I messed up again. The Jandakot LC file was in the build, but I see an older Perth LC file. Please can you copy the attached file into your ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU48_CUSTOM\scenery folder and post back here to confirm it's fixed it?  We'll be posting a new hotfix for AU BLUE later this week to roll up some more LC files.

500_LC_7843_Perth.zip

Archived