Scotland Missing Things

stevieiz

There seems to be a few interesting landmarks missing about Inverness:

Caledonian Stadium

Rosemarkie TV mast

Mount Eagle TV mast

Balnagown Castle (holiday home of Mr Al Fayed)

Control tower at Inverness

Just to mention a few that would make the scenery more exciting certainly for me.

If anyone know how to do this or can advise me on this I will happily have a go...

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi Steve

I have seen, that's an old thread, but will try to help anyway.

I could do this, if I get the models and coordinates. I quickly checked the trimble 3D gallery. The Stadium is available, the tv masts not, also no Balnagown Castle. I had a luck around at the airport from Google Streetview but couldn't see a tower there. A 3D model is not available too. So without models, I could only add generic objects.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Great additions Dan, indeed welcome. Do you see the chance to add the Callanish standing stones, location N58:11:42, W6:44:22 ?

Hi Stilllwater

Unfortunately there's no 3d model available from this site http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/. However, this is hardly seen from air. I already made the Ring of Brodgar on Orkney. Hovering in a chopper it's fun to land in the ring. I will add my Orkney and Shetland addons after sorting them out. I use Scotflight sceneries together with ORBX (what is a bit tricky). 

Thanks for the feedback, Blackeunos and Stillwater!

Finally I made some vfr additions to Inverness according to Steves suggestions. Hope he's reading. ;-)

Get the files here. Just click on files, then download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_mxBj22PTp9Um1yazF1SC14NEk/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you like it, Dan

Thank you for your work. I am not familiar with this way to share files. Should I d/l them one by one. Is there any other (easier) way to share these files (as one zip)?

Thank you for your work. I am not familiar with this way to share files. Should I d/l them one by one. Is there any other (easier) way to share these files (as one zip)?

Yes, that's a bit confusing with gdrive. When you see the filetree, scroll up and there should be a menu with "Datei" or "Files". I see it in german. Don't know how the language is set here. Click on that and select "herunterladen" oder "download". Then you get the whole file. Unfortunately my file is too large to store it here. 

I made also a new downloadlink which should be easier

Hi Peter

Thanks for the screenshots. I can see on your screenshots, some objects are now double. The emitter at Rosemarkie and the lighthouse at Chanonry Point. I didn't have a lighthouse there and also didn't have any antenna. Are these from ORBX sceneries or do you use other sceneries too?

I remember having installed ORBX Scotland twice, since the first time, I was missing a lot. Then I reinstalled and thought, everything is there now.

This castle with the factory in the background, where is this? Is it ORBX Scotland scenery or another scenery?

Dan

Hi Peter

Thanks for the screenshots. I can see on your screenshots, some objects are now double. The emitter at Rosemarkie and the lighthouse at Chanonry Point. I didn't have a lighthouse there and also didn't have any antenna. Are these from ORBX sceneries or do you use other sceneries too?

I remember having installed ORBX Scotland twice, since the first time, I was missing a lot. Then I reinstalled and thought, everything is there now.

This castle with the factory in the background, where is this? Is it ORBX Scotland scenery or another scenery?

Dan

Hi Dan, I will check this tonight with Instant Scenery 3 and let you know.

Peter

Hi Dan, I have just checked for you and the lighthouse is ORBX. The radiomast is also ORBX. The castle and the factory are also ORBX objects. One question for you "did you install the latest ORBX library 131027 ? "

Peter

Hi

The objects in question here are not Orbx objects as they look very much like objects I designed for a compatible addon package of Scottish airfields which is available.  Best I don't say anymore as I don't think it would be appropriate but I trust the previous poster might now be able to identify where they came from.  I hope so,  at least.

Iain  

Yes, that's a bit confusing with gdrive. When you see the filetree, scroll up and there should be a menu with "Datei" or "Files". I see it in german. Don't know how the language is set here. Click on that and select "herunterladen" oder "download". Then you get the whole file. Unfortunately my file is too large to store it here. 

I made also a new downloadlink which should be easier

Danke schön! I didn´t know how to d/l them, I really didn´t. Now I have them and will install them right after this message...

Hi Dan, take a look here for the Scotflight scenery: http://www.scotflightscenery.com/

Peter

Hi Peter

So far, I don't have Scotflight for ORBX. I bought Scotflight VFR Airfields & Landmarks Volume 2, cause I wanted to have the Northlink ferries. Unfortunately the land sceneries need a lot of work to go well with the ORBX scenery.

But I'm happy, that I didn't add a lighthouse, where a better one is already existing. ORBX also has a lighthouse there. I will have to suppress this in my scenery.

Archived