YBRM 737 Parking

Michael H

I can't reproduce this issue at any of the parking spots at Broome and there have been no reports from other users of a similar problem. Perhaps a screenshot or two may help to identify what could be at play on your system.

The only thing that comes to mind is you may have another APX file for YBRM on your system which is sitting at a different altitude. Are you running any AI traffic packs and if so, do the AI aircraft all sit as they should at ground level?

1: I have no ai installed or running.

2: PMDG 737NGX

I worked out how to replicate the issue, Host a multiplayer session.

For some unknown reason its related to multiplayer. Because i tried single and the gates work just as they are supposed to.. :(

Ok here are two screen shots

This is the message i receive while attempting to host a multiplayer session. I select ybrm and a gate before starting the session. 

rlbs.png

This is a single player game with the same gate chosen, as you see it worked as intended. Btw if i join a multiplayer session and not host it, It works just like single player.

nwh.png

G'day Michael,

I would suspect this may be related to the elevation changes I created for YBRM - this version is at a different altitude to the default (or base FTX Green package). Are the other users in your multiplayer session experiencing the same issue?  Also, is this problem isolated to the PMDG 737, or are you experiencing the same thing with other aircraft?

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be related to large aircraft, I tried the default 737 and the same thing happened. Although all the small default aircraft work as intended. Cessna/Baron etc

The pmdg 737 always gets spawned in the air, once in a blue moon it spawns on the runway lol.

Btw if i choose to spawn on the runway it works perfectly. Its like fsx thinks the 737 cannot fit at the ybrm gates. :D

When it comes to other users they can spawn directly to the gates with no problems at all.

• 1 month later...

G'day Michael,

Sorry about missing your post - I did indeed forget to reply. Unfortunately this is venturing into unknown territory for me as I do not use FSX in multiplayer mode whatsoever, and the best I can do is give a guestimated explanation based on a couple of assumptions:

A. Not all your fellow multiplayers have a copy of YBRM, and therefore would be registering the altitude of the airport as slightly different (see my post above regarding the change in altitude we put in for this product)

B. The YBRM altitude in your NGX nav database does not correlate with the "real" altitude at Broome (it would be registering the default I presume), and as such is causing the discrepancy. 

Have you tried these two options:

A. Starting a flight in non-multiplayer mode, and then joining an MP session, or

B. Starting a MP session in an aircraft that you don't have any problems with (C172) and then loading the NG? 

Other than that, I'm very sorry I don't have any more suggestions I'm afraid - this is the first time I've ever come across this issue, and as far as I'm aware I haven't seen any other users report a similar issue.

Cheers,

Jarrad

it's a known Multiplayer "bug" depends very much on what program you use for Multiplayer, I have being flying online with my mates for more than a decade, option is to create a saved flight for the position and then load that, although I admit not knowing the inner and multiple workings of the NGX it's a matter of trying out

Sadly creating and loading a saved flight don't work either. This really becomes a problem when flying on vatsim since i must start the plane while on the runway and then taxi to a gate, shut down the aircraft,connect to vatsim etc.

Oh well ill just have to land at ybrm and not depart. Unless of course i depart after originally landing .  ::)

Or i host fsx on another pc, which causes another problem I must purchase orbx for the pc i host it on. or do i?

Archived