Edinburgh Airport

Penzoil3

Then enjoy the REGION for what it is and not give us grief over a few shortcomings about Edinburgh Airport, for #%*^+ sake. I am sick to my back teeth about people having a go about the nth detail at a certain airport when it's the region they are purchasing. Care to cast your mind back to the AU series of regions where every airport was FSX default without any attention to upgrades?

JV

Firstly excellent job on the work you and your team do, I'm a newbie to the ORBX world but now I find it hard to fly anywhere but!

But I must say it's very disappointing to read comments such as this from the head of the organisation. I know you get pushed to the limits - like most developers - by people unneccessarily finding fault with products and/or asking silly questions, but I don't think anyone here said anything that merited such pure rudeness towards your paying customers. I know if I talked to my customers this way I'd probably lose my job.

Hi Sue,

Hmmm, how to get rid of the superimposed Edinburgh.  You already did what I would have suggested, recycled FTX Central to default and back, and if you say you still have the default version along with ours it's a puzzle as I've never seen that issue before.  The only idea I have is to look for another scenery that includes EGPH that sit's at a higher level in your Scenery Library (smaller priority number) un-enable it and see if it goes away.  The offending file would be the APX (rwys, taxiways, aprons, etc) only as you are seeing our background and library objects.

Give that a try Sue and let me know how things go.

Cheers, Neil

Edit: This problem could show up if the main EGPH APX file is missing or corrupt.  In the  ORBX/ FTX_EU/ FTX_EU_SCO_05_SCENERY/ scenery folder should be a:  ADE_FTX_SCO_EGPH.BGL (ending in .BGL not .OFF).  Check to make sure that it is there and ends in .BGL.  If not then a reinstall of SCO is in order, which might be a good idea anyway just to start with a clean slate.

There's also a much slimmed down version of the other devs scenery for EGPH available for free.. It works just fine if you're not interested in paying for the full version. Glasgow as well is available as a reduced detailed free version.

See post #19. He apologized after the one you quoted.

I'm aware of that, however I still don't think there's any excuse for talking to customers like that, especially seeing the amount of money some on here have spent with Orbx.

I'm aware of that, however I still don't think there's any excuse for talking to customers like that, especially seeing the amount of money some on here have spent with Orbx.

I agree entirely, but I'm sure JV would also agree too. We all have bad days and none of us can walk in someone elses shoes, so I guess it's about accepting an apology and then moving on.

Seriously guys, I had a rant, then apologised, so let's move on or I'll just lock the topic.

I speak my mind and don't pull any punches. That does not win me many PR awards or make me popular with some people, but I don't give a monkeys really. Life is too short to worry about what other people think of you.

I can't stand mamby pamby CEOs who always sound like a political correctness handbook and are too scared of their public image to express any meaningful opinions.

Why is Orbx successful? Because we deliver what we say on the cover, offer great support, continually innovate and speak our minds.

I suppose we wouldn't need to have a forum at all, if there was no room to voice any opinion whatsoever.  That goes for the devs that host the forum just as much as it does for the community that buys the goods.

Why is Orbx successful? Because we deliver what we say on the cover, offer great support, continually innovate and speak our minds.

I think the correct answer is options A, B and C.  D is kinda just an added bonus feature.  : )

Archived