FTX ENG missing beaches issue

Paul Golding

We can fix the Cardiff DX10 problem with the grass alone. Bill Womack spent quite some time on his grass models but did not find an answer for why they don't work with DX10. The only solution is to control the grass using ObjectFlow but that incurs a 50% frame rate hit with the sheer volume of grass we used at EGFF. I am not going to release a 'fix' that cripples airport performance. So sorry to say the solution for DX10 users is to disable the grass in the airport CP.

We'll check with Sascha on the the ENG coastlines and beaches.

We can fix the Cardiff DX10 problem with the grass alone. Bill Womack spent quite some time on his grass models but did not find an answer for why they don't work with DX10. The only solution is to control the grass using ObjectFlow but that incurs a 50% frame rate hit with the sheer volume of grass we used at EGFF. I am not going to release a 'fix' that cripples airport performance. So sorry to say the solution for DX10 users is to disable the grass in the airport CP.

We'll check with Sascha on the the ENG coastlines and beaches.

Thanks John I can live with that.

Very much looking forward to Scotland ( my 3rd Orbx purchase ). Is it looking good for the weekend ?

Archived