RV-7A over Salzburg, Austria

jpreou

I'm exploring new places. Today it was Salzburg, Austria. I went there once when I was 12 on a school trip. I had lunch in the pagoda where the older boy kissed the older girl in "The Sound of Music"; yep, that is my somewhat vague claim to fame! :)

I also dropped a stone from the top of the tallest castle tower into someone's coffee cup at the café below, but that is another story! ;)  [got away with it too]

This was a purely VFR flight. Real 'seat-of-the-pants' stuff. I'm climbed ultimately to around 12,000ft and simply flew around 20nm or so of the local area in a big circle, keeping a 'feel' for location. After a bit, and noticing I had only ¼ tank each wing, I decided to head back. Cloud cover was heavy and I was swimming in and out of the stuff. I spotted a lake which I had previously noted aligned itself back to the city and dropped down to follow that. On approach to runway 16 the 71kt cross wind worried me a little (!), but it dropped way down to 5kts by the time I got on short finals and all was good. What a superb flight. Flights like this maintain one's interest in virtual flying as we can do things we couldn't dream of in real life. Awesome.

This is pure default FSX all the way. What fantastic scenery; FSX, dated as it is, even so is *far* ahead of the flight sims I used to fly as a teen.

I simply cannot wait for FTX Global and FS Global mesh; how good will it look then? Wow.

I just announced to my Wife that I ultimately intend to get all the ORBX scenery; she took it quite well. But don't get Australia she said; its boring.

Well...

a) I'm English and she's Australian so while she might think it is boring, I do not; I have plenty of exploring to do and

8) I've already got it!

I think I might get England and Wales soon.

Anyway, I ramble ... enjoy the pics...

001qgd.jpg

002iy.jpg

003ngl.jpg

004djd.jpg

005wd.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, even default is good, from my perspective, but I want to re-open this post with the same pics (as near as I can) once I get FTX Global, and then *again* after I add a mesh.

It will show the journey from default to "how cool is that?!" :)

FTX Global is an exciting and tantalising product and will breath new life into this ageing sim. Can't wait...

aaaaaarggghhh ....slump ...default .

Sorry , cant help it happens every time I see "it" . Will look better shortly :)

+1 - Take a deep breath Alan , tell yourself things will get better soon . Jeff I started with FS95 almost 20 years ago , so lets say I have seen default from the early days . This looks pretty good

in comparison . 

Cheers

Brad

I recently bought the $20 global mesh from  FSGenisis . Its got a some glitches but it is an improvement . It has inspires me to go the whole hog and get FSGlobal 2012 which will cost me over $200 . May not happen next week but it will be - job done , finished , end of story 

New HDD drive , Ftx Global . Not much spending after that . Thats the theory anyway !! ...oh yeah A2A C172 and Comanche , oh and Milviz have got that F100 coming and Orbx has the Airtourer and ......hmmmm.

I'm exploring new places. Today it was Salzburg, Austria. I went there once when I was 12 on a school trip. I had lunch in the pagoda where the older boy kissed the older girl in "The Sound of Music"; yep, that is my somewhat vague claim to fame! :)

I also dropped a stone from the top of the tallest castle tower into someone's coffee cup at the café below, but that is another story! ;)  [got away with it too]

Super story here - Thank You very much for sharing! And good luck it was just the cup of café that was hitten!

Ahh ... FSX default -  .... what was that again ... ;)

And this might be somewhere, but it does not really do Salzburg and its surrounding justice ... but it sure looks like what we call: Default ... :D Better than any sim before for sure, but ...

We better get FTX Global as soon as possible - and much more!

Bay the way: ORBX Australia is not boring at all!

And for sure:

Nice pictures here Jeff!

... and Alan and Howard:

:lol:

I know , its an insane situation Howard !..will it ever end . ...oh  , I forgot Prepar3d v2 .......never ending..... :

Indeed:

:lol: :lol:

Archived