Mysterious blacked out FSX welcome screen!

Vonduck

Guys... for who knows what reason, my start screen in FSX looks like this!!

2vSU.png

In order to get things showing again, i have to restart FSX then the images appear...

What have i done to fix it?

1. Reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers

2. Reinstalled DX

3. Deleted CFG and rebuilt it

Now, i am one of those unfortunates who upon reinstalling Win7, i now have to restart explorer.exe everytime i use FSX... whether this makes any difference or not i dont know...

Some forums say that a 'repair' reinstall of FSX will fix this but i dont know if this will mean reinstalling all my airports again... which i am loathed to do...

From what i recall, it started when i tried to update DX... i am suspicious that this has something to do with it... if so, what is the best DX to reinstall? Can i uninstall DX then reinstall another version?

Other forums say that the problme could be caised by improper inspecotr settings... here are mine below... if i should change any please advise... :)

drfjq.png

Thansk for any help... we all know how this feels when you click start and something not right shows up!

Thanks guys

Doug

Hello Doug

NvidiaInspektor settings:

Anitaliasing-Mode: Override any application setting

NVIDIA Predefined FXAA usage: allowed

Vertical Sync: 1/2 Refresh Rate  - only if you have locked framerate to 30

Could solve your problem - maybe

Good luck!

Thanks Helmut for the suggestions... i will try those too

I did do a repair reinstall and it solved the issue... however now i get the image below with Madiera... spikes on the scenery..

8RaQo.png

Ill check the forums to see what i need to do for this

Appreciate your help once again

Doug

Well i ended up doing the old reinstall repair option... this worked fine and then replaced my original CFG file back after FSX created a new one... all going sweet again now...

The spikes were casued by my failing to turn on SLI again!!! Now thats doen all is good!

Hope the above works for you Tui!

Hi Guys

I get that black screen on occassion.but in my case its just fsx hanging...so i sit it out...and i always get the magic.. CLICK...and the selected aircraft appears. 

As to using the repair disc option..i reckon its a no no..i tried it twice in my simming career and it always corrupts my system in some weird way and ends in tears...my tears..

..so personally i will not go near repair disk....you just end up chasing your tail as different corruptions rear their ugly heads !!

cheers stu

Archived