Are 81 processes too many while running FSX?

Vonduck

Simply question guys, i seem to have on average 81 processes runing behind the scenes while using FSX... im a bit scared to tinker with this... is this too many or can i rid some of them without damaging things?

Thanks guys

Doug

Hey Doug.

Right now i use 121 prosesses only with my browser open.(without browser 111).

with FSX& Opus i use 116.

When i use Razers Game Booster (Freeware) FSX&Opus,  87 prossesses.

www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

And i could easely get the number of prosesses further dow, say  to 70+/-, but i dont think that would do no good (or harm).

The Game Booster, analyse your PC and give you some choises and hinds and you deside what you will check and/or uncheck,

on a list with boxes.

I use the booster, becourse its easy to shot down prosesses and get them back after the "Game".

The down side is that some of the "prosesses"/Prog. for instance my Orbit downloader, SamsungMagican SSD scan,and so on, opens

(restore) on the Desktop, and i have to close them all again. (i could of course, just dont let them, start with Windows/PC start, in the first

place).

You coult try Booster, its freeware. 8) 

Best regards

Henrik

Hey John, the black viper side looks like a winner. I am always a bit afraid (like many others, i think),to ruin something on my PC, to fiddle. :-X

I will read it carefully.

Thanks.

Henrik

Hi,

To prevent bad modifications and disabling vital services, you can use Game Booster (freeware) that hangs useless background processes anytime you launch a specific programm. Of course, it can be configured for FSX. It can do a previous scan into the registry and makes suggestions of what to let enable or not.

Just have a look here:

http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-11340-game-booster

You will find that most of teh processors are not doing much and have little effect, if you want to see what they are doing r howmuch processor time hey are using than look for process explorer

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

No installer just run the exe. It is also great for killing those rouge processors

Thank you guys alot, but the topic belongs to Doug and apparently, by  accident, i have stolen it!! :ph34r:

However i will study these proposal/advise.

Thanks again. :) 

Best regards

Henrik

So sorry Doug. :-[ 

LOL! Not a problem at all my friend! You havent stolen it at all Hendrik! :) Glad it was of help to you and me!

Thanks folks for your replies - most helpful indeed!

Cheers

Doug

LOL! Not a problem at all my friend! You havent stolen it at all Hendrik! :) Glad it was of help to you and me!

Thanks folks for your replies - most helpful indeed!

Cheers

Doug

This has been helpful to me too. ^-^

People for years have been turning off processes in the hope of gaining FPS. A waste of time and sometimes causes problems. Those processes that are listed are simple entries in a queue(list) that shows where they are and parameteres about them. As an example, most processes will probably not even run until called for.Then they run for a very short time span. Others are on timers. Many are stopped and are not needed beyond what they did at boot time or are only used for special tasks. Look at the memory consumed and the Cpu used. Small.

Sure you can stop or delete a process such as Telephony. But that acomplished nothing. It will never run anyhow unless you are into dial-up.

An operating system must preleoad many processes into memory so when you, or a program, asks Windows to do something the process is sitting in a queue that is scanned in microseconds. If the process is in memory from boot-time then it runs very quickly. If it was deemed unlikely to be needed it is on disk and the queue entry points to exactly where it is, avoiding any searching. Thus Windows runs faster because of queued processes.

Archived