Can't download patch...

birdguy

The other day I purchased New Zealand and Milford Sound.  I'm just getting around to installing them this morning.

I  downloaded the NZSI.002 patch but when it was done the zipfile was empty.

I tried to download it again but am unable to.

I usually download the updates and patches from FTX Enter a whole new world.  Everything seems to work there except the support icon.

I click on Support - how we can help you and then click again when the second one comes up.  But all I get is a black screen.

I went to the support forum and found the three links in Ed Carreia's post but nothing happens when I click on any of the three options..

It has worked for me before but not now.  I even shut down and re-started my computer twice.

Noel FSS0214532

Hi Noel,

both NZSI and EU service packs (also named patch) on the support page check out OK. If you have difficulties with loading a page or downloading files try refreshing your browser cache via Ctrl+F5 or your browser's tools/settings menu.

Cheers, Holger 

Still a no-go Holger. Pressing CTL-F5 just returns me to where I was.

On the FTX Enter a whole new world the PRODUCTS, FREEWARE, and ORBX buttons work fine. Only the SUPPORT button doesn't work. Pressing CTL-F5 only backs me up a page.

With the three links on Ed Carreia's page nothing happen at all. When I click on any of the three options the button appears at the top left of a white page and is inert. Pressing CTL-F5 has no effect at all.

It worked fine this morning and the download seemed to work. But when I tried to open the zip file a message told me the file was empty even though it showed the size as over a GB. When I went back to try again the downloading problem happened.

I don't want to install Milford Sound until the service pack is installed.

I had my computer off for a couple hours while I ran some errors this afternoon and after turning it on and booting up again the problem was still there.

It looks like I can purchase products and download freeware but I can't get to the service packs.

Noel

This does sound like a browser / scripting issue.  Particularly if a cache refresh doesn't work.

I guess the other issue might be some regional DNS thing.

Which browser are you using, Noel?

Have you tried with a different one?

All the patches links and the support page are up for my ordinary internet connection here, using Google Chrome..

I'm using Internet Explorer.

I just went to myftx.com and went from there to the Flightsim Store and was able to re-download Milford Sound with out any problems at all. Then I went back to myftx.com to the freeware section and download a freeware airport with no problems at all. Both zipfiles opened as they should have.

The ONLY part of myftx.com that doesn't work is Support.

I have no problems downloading from flightsim.com or AVSIM.com. I tried them both this afternoon.

I also don't understand why when I downloaded the patch the first time from myftx.com it displayed as a 1. something gb file but when I tried to unzip it a message came up saying it was empty.

Internet Explorer is the only web browser I have or have ever had. So far it's worked to my satisfaction; and still does except for this myftx.com support problem.

Noel

Addendum...

Holger, I downloaded and installed Firefox.  Using it I opened myftx.com.  Same problem.  I can buy stuff.  I can download free stuff.  But when I click on support it feezes up.  With internet Explorer I get the back screen.  With Firefox it just freezes up.  Everything except support works.

Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This post is very similar to the problems i'm having with the support site for patch downloads

What was your resolution to this problem.?

I have tried everything to resolve problem

this server page is not playing ball with other domains on the internet or some weird DNS problem on this server

If you are having trouble opening ZIP files, try somethign *other* than Windows Compressed Folders (built-in zip). I have found it sometimes barfs on large files where other zip apps like WinZip, 7Zip, PowerArchiver, etc open them just fine.

Archived