Broome AU [Abnormal Water Texture]

JohnMD

Have Just downloaded and installed FTX Broome, defragged everything, but am getting a strange texture in the water off the end of the peninsula, not sure what it is, I have run latest 130416 ORBX Libraries, but made no difference, if anyone has any ideas could they please let me know, it looks like part of the old coastline that did not get taken out by the new texture sets, I am not complaining, it is a really good scenery, just trying to figure out why this anomaly that has appeared.

regards 

John MacDonald

Link:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/yTH

G'day John,

By the looks of your screenshot this may be a case of the underlying vector coastline peaking through the edge of the photoreal. I'll give a heads up to Ross Casey (who worked his magic on the coastlines) to have a look into this for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day John,

By the looks of your screenshot this may be a case of the underlying vector coastline peaking through the edge of the photoreal. I'll give a heads up to Ross Casey (who worked his magic on the coastlines) to have a look into this for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad, this is what I see. Looks normal for me.

Peter

SXBY0.jpg

8bcop.jpg

I believe the water is set to 1x which can give problems with the blend mask.

JMD, your system seams to be fast enough to run at least 2xLow ? With the free FSWC water shader configurator you can get excellent visual results even at 2xLow.

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml

Try the calm ocean preset for a start. If you are owning REX, you might try different wave animations as well.

Cheers for all your thoughts, I have REX and have tried FTX Calm right through to rough water texture sets, but it is still there, unfortunately with the GTX680 Graphics card, it tends to show up any textures like that quite clearly, I have also tried various water texture settings in the FSX settings config section but did not make a lot of difference, I did notice however, in the preview photo sets of Broome by Mr Mallard that his water textures were extremely good, I am not sure what he is using, but it seems to diffuse the water and reefs and rocks quite nicely, I would be very happy if I could get my water textures somewhere close to his settings.

I will also wait to hear back from Jarrad and Ross Casey in case they come up with something to alleviate the situation, it may be just a case of fiddling and changing settings to get it right, I normally don't like to fiddle too much as I like to fly straight out of the box so to speak, but anyway, for what it is worth, it is a really great airport, lots of detail, a serious amount of work went into that I would think, I would be interested to know what sort of time you folk spend on creating each of these airports, the results are really amazing.

regards

John MD

, in the preview photo sets of Broome by Mr Mallard that his water textures were extremely good, I am not sure what he is using, but it seems to diffuse the water and reefs and rocks quite nicely, I would be very happy if I could get my water textures somewhere close to his settings.

Hi John - just to quickly let you know: I'm using the REX Essential OD "Unwavering [OD]" setting for the texture. My water in FSX is 2x medium. Give it a try ;)

Cheers

Mallard

G'day guys,

It is definitely a vector coastline related problem, the alpha channel for the water texture cuts pretty close at that section so it seems logical to both Ross and I that this would be the problem. Unfortunately I'm away from my development computer until Thursday, however Ross is looking into it tonight and will report back ASAP.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad , thank you  for your help, I knew that it was not a water texture problem, but I can see that you have narrowed the field down to the Vector coastline landclass being the problem, so I will live with it until we can sort it out, I did a full reinstall of that scenery at Broome just to confirm that it was the scenery and not me, and also a thank you to Mallard for his sharing his water texture configs, much appreciated, it seems to give a really good effect to the water, almost what you would expect to see on the West Coast of AU, so I will try it out to see how it comes up on my setup,

regards to all

John MacDonald

Archived