Whitehorse DC-3

Dieter

When flying over Whitehorse I wondered if the old DC-3 (Canadian Pacific) was modeled, but I couldn't find her.

Maybe it's possible to put this historical aircraft into a future SAK update?

It shouldn't be a great deal for the talented and experienced Orbx developers to do so.

(It's not necessary to get her moving)

Coordinates: 60°42'44"N 135°4'48"W

This plane is still one of the most popular attractions in Whitehorse.

Hi Dieter,

thanks for the suggestion. We currently don't have a custom DC3 model that we could use as a base for the static Canadian Pacific and modeling individual planes (which is more involved than you may think) is definitely our of the scope of a region project. Perhaps one day there will be a custom Whitehorse add-on or our Orbx libraries gains a DC-3 from a different product that we can make a repaint for.

Alternatively, there may be a freeware static DC-3 model out there that a SAK user could repaint, place on a pedestal, and share with the community...

Cheers, Holger

Hi Dieter,

thanks for the suggestion. We currently don't have a custom DC3 model that we could use as a base for the static Canadian Pacific and modeling individual planes (which is more involved than you may think) is definitely our of the scope of a region project. Perhaps one day there will be a custom Whitehorse add-on or our Orbx libraries gains a DC-3 from a different product that we can make a repaint for.

Alternatively, there may be a freeware static DC-3 model out there that a SAK user could repaint, place on a pedestal, and share with the community...

Cheers, Holger

in one ftx ybcs payware is a static dc3 ::)

Posted Image

Hi Guys

This is a repaint of the Maam DC3 that a freind of mine did and he also created the one on the pedestal which I used in the whithorse scenery done by Eric Mcloud and worked quite well but is not compatable with SAK..I can probably get permission from my friend that created if anyone is interested in doing a custom addon as Holger suggested

Posted Image

Posted Image

Terry

Great work and excellent idea to make this design compatible with SAK.

I'm not an expert, but making it compatible should "only" be an adaption using Instant Scenery. Hopefully you get permission from your friend so that one the many talented users here can transfer this into SAK scenery.

Archived