Orbx Control Panel has stopped working

ikaruspilot

FTX Central works fine and I am able to change from Default FSX to North America and back again to the default but when I try to use the Orbx Control panels I get the message "ORBX Control Panel has stopped working".

How can I correct this problem? Possibly without having to reinstall all of my ORBX software?

Also how can I de-install the Orbx software?

Many thanks

Hi Holger,

Many thanks for your interest.

The message is as shown above plus "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem". Windows does not display anything further.

The message is displayed by clicking on any and all of the Control Panels displayed on the FTX Central window, for example ORBX 2S1 or ORBX KORS.

The only thing that I have recently done is to install the Freeware that is available on the FTX website, namely 2S1, Portland, KHQM, 7WA3,

Thanks for the uninstallation instructions which I hope that I will not have to use.

Cheers

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ikaruspilot,

Can you please locate the OrbxControlPanel.exe program, usually in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

Then, right click on the file and select Properties. Go to the Details tab and let me know what the File version is, as per the example below.

J7IZ6.jpg

If you do not have version 2.1 as above this may be the problem.

Hi Adrian

It is exactly the same as your example it is 2.1.0.0.  All the other details are the same except the time of Date modified which is 13:58 on 17/8/2011.

If I try to run the Control Panel exe direct from the Scripts folder I get the message  "No configuration file specified".  Could this be part of the problem?  

If necessary can I just reinstall over what I already have or do I have to un-install everything first?

Regards

You wont be able to run the control panel from the exe directly because it expects a parameter to be passed to it which is the name of the configuration file to load up. It could be a corrupt config file causing it but did you say it's not working for any of the airports? What version of the Microsoft .NET Framework do you have installed? Have you tried running the control panels with any security or virus scanner software disabled?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Archived