Juneau Gustavas Atlin

troppo1

My flight buddy had a Skagway issue, so I read up on in the compatablity issues thread and fixed it with the batch file you had for all airports( people with UT AK X).

Skagway was fine for me.

He has FSGenisis and UT Alaska, I only have FSG. We both have UT Canada/Usa/ GEX REX and apart from UT alaska nearly identical setups with the settings, weather, planes and so on.

We tried a few airports, Junea Int is covered in tree's( his ), Gustavus has shrubs on the taxiways.( for us both) . The gravel strip at Atlin wasnt visable but mine was( I landed, he couldnt).

His water is fine while 95% of my water in small inlets looks like the tiles are made of striped bits of land or full bits of land( tiles easily seen). Large bodies of water are fine for us both.

I have some FSGenisis (installed Years ago) UT Canada and UT Usa ,not updated to latest, but no UT alaska installed,

I used the Batch file for his setup but dont know what to do for myself because I dont have UT alaska installed.

What do I start to turn stuff off to get rid of shrubs on taxiways and I really need to fix the water in the inlets as it is horrible..

tks for the heads up.

Ps.

IRL I just came back from seeing the Fjords in Norway but didnt see any Glaciers, This scenery made up for that..

Great work...Wont have to go to Alaska now., A Fjord is a Fjord, right?

My experience is, as long as any UTX/GEX/FSG/Tongass X, which I have installed,too, are lower in priority in FSX library than all Orbx software they don't have influence on Orbx sceneries.

Orbx has all stuff included, mesh, LC, ground textures...

Hi troppo1,

the general order of entries in the FSX scenery library menu should be from local (top = highest priority) to continental/global (bottom = lowest priority). Thus, all UTX entries need to be at lower display priority than the FTX block of entries since they cover a much larger area.

Cheers, Holger

Hi troppo1,

the general order of entries in the FSX scenery library menu should be from local (top = highest priority) to continental/global (bottom = lowest priority). Thus, all UTX entries need to be at lower display priority than the FTX block of entries since they cover a much larger area.

Cheers, Holger

Holger I am still lost as to which is higher and lower. If the Addon scenery entry is 115 and my last scenery entry is 215 should alaska be nr 116 or closer to 214. I use SCM2004 program to make the changes but have trouble understanding priority.

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with that utility but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out for you how its numbering system relates to your scenery library menu. The numbers mean very little to me as they will be different for anyone due to the varying numbers of add-ons installed. I'd guess that a higher display priority would mean larger numbers but, like I said, best to cross-reference this yourself with your actual scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Ok, I seem to have that sorted but it hasnt made any difference, My water in the inlets are still all strange striped half land half water tiles, I still have small bushes on Gustavus and some on the runway. Skagway and Atlin are perfect but Juneau is sunken under the ground, seems I had the wrong airport that was covered in tree's, that was on my mates pc, when I land at Juneau I have a kind of brown wall around the airfield and the yellow markers at the threshold are out in middair. Next idea?

troppo1,

I'm using SCM2004, too.

This utility displays the scenery layer numbers in the reverse order to FSX library.

In SCM2004 the scenery with the highest number has highest priority.

In FSX library lowest number (==> 1) has highest priority.

Bingo, no more shrubs at the airports we checked. Water in the inlets fixed. The trick of minimising the sim to get the houses down to ground level works great. Textures loading faster than before. Thanks heaps Dieter and Holger, all this time I had the priority's arse about face..Great scenery.

Now Juneau... I still have a sunken airport, or a big pile of dirt on the runway and grass areas but not on taxiways. any ideas?

Hi there,

good to hear about the progress. As for PAJN it's probably some third-party add-on interfering. Have a look at these threads for possible causes and how to track them down:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56725-juneau-runway-buried-sak

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57056-error-at-pajn

Cheers, Holger

UTX_PAJN_ALK and UTX_PAJN_AP turned off and all probs fixed. Thanks for the heads up, I didnt think I had any other files because I didnt have UT AK installed. Wrong again.

Resolved.

Thanks for the support and the scenery.

Archived