Juneau runway buried SAK!

lon99

Greetings:

I downloaded SAK, followed the instructions re disabling UTX airports, but now find that the Juneau runway is buried. Obviously an elevation problem, as the runway is fine when Orbx is in FSX default mode.

I've tried various mesh settings and turning North America off and on in FTX central, all the appropriate bgl files seem to be renamed OFF and then back to bg so I am stumped! Any help would be appreciated!

Orbx has great products. I lhave fond memories of the Northwest area from my flying days and you have brought this to life! Thank you.

Lon Duncombe

Order Number: FSS0206688

Order Date: 2013-03-24

I suspect perhaps some other bgl you have that is conflicting. Take a look in your scenery library and see what is above FTX entries and then look in the relevant scenery folders in the FSX folder for any bgl files related to Juneau. You can uncheck any suspicious entries in the scenery library and then try Juneau again to see if that's the problem. Might be worth unchecking all entries above FTX just to make sure.

Thanks. I was seeing the exact same thing. The only area in the whole scenery coverage with a problem that I had found. I got it to go away by disabling UTX AK pajn with the batch file.

FSS0206484, texerrn

Hi guys,

weird, I never noticed that additional UTX_PAJN_ALK.BGL file. It seems to be an exact duplicate of the UTX_PAJN_AP.BGL file, also in Scenery\World\Scenery, which my batch file disables. Thus, I assume it's an unintentional duplicate on the part of UTX.

In any case I'll update the batch file today so that it'll catch both variants of that file.

Cheers, Holger

Simply run the UTX Alaska Setup Tool then...

Under the Terrain TAB select Modify Status of Repositioned Airports then ...

Disable PAJN

Orbx will then set the elevation correctly so you'll have not 20 foot dug in runways etc.

Hi guys,

I found more information about the different file names on the Flight 1 forum:

the V1.0 installer of UT Alaska X named these files UTX_xxxx_AP.BGL, where xxxx was the 3 or 4 letter ICAO designator.

In version 1.1, the files were named UTX_xxxx_ALK.BGL as we added new airports (the change from _AP to _ALK went unnoticed by us). But, since these were new airports, the name change did not matter.

In Version 1.2 of UTX Alaska X (which is not yet official), we modified some of the airports corrected in version 1.0. This caused 2 stub files to be created for some airports (1 named *_AP.BGL and 1 named *_ALK.BGL). I noticed this during beta testing and change the installer so that it removes all the *_AP.BGL files and replaces them with *_ALK.BGL files).

To make a long story short, you should now have ZERO files with the UTX_xxxx_AP.BGL format in your SCENERY\WORLD\SCENERY folder. The V1.2 installer should have removed these files for you. But, it could be that this process did not work for some of you.

and

OK. I have brought the UT Alaska X V1.2 patch back online. This patch will fix the reported problem with the airport stub file naming conventions.

This patch can be installed over either V1.1 or V1.2 of UTX Alaska. The patch preparation phase will remove all airport stub files with an _ALK suffix and replace them with the older _AP suffix that is supported by the setup tool.

Thanks for your patience. After a few days, we will make an official patch release announcement if everything continues to go well.

So there may indeed be different name variations floating around. I'll update the batch file so that it'll catch both *_AP and *_ALK variants.

Cheers, Holger

Sorry to be a pain. Same problem in PAJN. Quick disabling UTX solves the problem though. Using UTX even after the batch file and checking in UTX that PAJN is disabled doesn't work. I did check scenery files in FSX/scenery/world/scenery, UTX_PAJN_AP.bgl is now off. No ALK found. I have no other scenery turned on. Mesh complexity is at 5. But turning off UTX AK and rebooting does solve the buried runway. I was thinking there has to be something else in UTX that is not switching to disabled? I looked up the go to Juneau in fsx and it listed PAJN, PAJ1 and 5Z1. I thought I was on to something. Found 5Z1 (two of them), in UTX and disabled that. Could not find PAG1 listed. But that didn't work either. All my UTs are below all FTXs. Can't find anything other on my computer related to PAJN. I guess I will just turn off UTX Ak for the time being. Seems to be the only conflict I have found. texerrn, FSS0206484

I have all ORBX-FTX products, so I am not going to list them

Hi there,

I suggest you use my batch file from the thread referenced above because otherwise you'll indeed have to keep Ultimate Alaska X off or else forever discover issues with different airports; there are almost 100 in the overlap area that have been modified by UAX.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holder. That is what I did. Then checked in UTX. PAJN is disabled along with a lot of others. Checked in scenery,world ,scenery, the UTX file is off. The runway is still 10ft below the terrains. All else is good. But I want to use PAJN so I went into the UTX setup and did the quick turn off. Go back and start FTX now Juneau looks ok.It is as if UTX is not really releasing these areas.I wold rather fly with SAK and UTX turned off. Of course using both would be better.Still looking for any possible other pajn conflicting items but have not found any yet. Will repeat the batch file again. Thanks texerrn

I have PAJN looking correct this morning, but I do not understand how. I only share in the hopes it may sort out some very odd issues. As before. SAK installed easily and correctly. I have had UTX AK installed for some time. PAJN shows with terrain over most of the runway, 10 ft deep.. Taxi ways, ramp and rest of the airport oddly at what appears to be correct display. Updated UTX, ran your batch file. All changes seemed to be successful, But no change in the Juneau runway. It is still incorrect. I disabled all other extra scenery even Tongass Fiords. Checked all suggestions. no change. Finally just did a disable of all UTX, that made the runway look correct and with the new SAK correct. Tried various combinations of things, changing back to default scenery, re-installing all FTX, UTX off/on. Nothing is helping. In my last go around of an attempt to check everything. I had all ftx in place, all utx below. UTX Ak up and running with the batch file run which does show many spots disabled including PAJN. Files in scenery/world/scenery that should show off are off. Still have the incorrect dirt on the runway. Decide to return to the default setting in UTX to see what it looked like. I went in to UTX and under disable scenery locations and found PAJN disabled and turned it back on. went back to PAJN in FTX to see what I thought would be a real mess but now it is correct. Doesn't make any sense. It is okay but I am nearly afraid to touch anything. Went to look at the scenery /world/ scenery and the UTX_PAJN_AP.bgl is there. SO in UTX it shows all is up and running except many scenery are disabled, but not PAJN. I am very confused but it is working at the moment. texerrn

Archived