Problems re installing software

84corvette

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bother you with this; however, I had to do a complete FSX reinstall and, as such, am trying to re-install all of my ORBX scenery.

I began with Australia SP4 and once it had installed and it opened FTX Central, I keep getting the following window:

Posted Image

I have done a complete "clean" re-install 3 or 4 times now and have installed the updated Library's but still get this window and an Error message telling me that Aust has installed BUT with errors and FSX crashes when I try to start it with Oceania Activated.

Any ideas or suggestions how to fix this without having to re down load Aust SP 4 again?

You probably need to use a Registry cleaner before you do a reinstall.

Even though your system probably shows that FSX is gone,it is probabaly still sitting hidden in your system.

I use Priform CCleaner.....its a free download...just goggle it.

Use this to clean and clear out your registry and try again.

cheers stu

You probably need to use a Registry cleaner before you do a reinstall.

Even though your system probably shows that FSX is gone,it is probabaly still sitting hidden in your system.

I use Priform CCleaner.....its a free download...just goggle it.

Use this to clean and clear out your registry and try again.

cheers stu

Stu,

Cheers but I use Auslogics (payware version), although I also have CCleaner which is great also.

How did you un-install the FTX sceneries, is the first question that pops to mind.

Did you set FTX Central to default and then deleted the ORBX folder ?

Have to be honest, I am not sure, but I think so. I will try uninstalling everything again but will check that I am in Default Mode first this time and will let you know how I go.

While I think of it, is there a reason that there isn't an "uninstaller" included with the software? Just curious.

Hi there,

typically, the error messages about the missing tree textures show up if a user hasn't upgraded FSX itself to SP2 or Acceleration. Please make sure that you've done so.

We don't provide automatic uninstaller because our add-ons aren't really stand-alone packages (they closely interact with other Orbx products and default files and folders). For self-contained add-ons like an aircraft or airport for default FSX uninstallers are feasible but anything more complex and the likelihood of breaking something with an auto-uninstaller becomes very high.

Cheers, Holger

Archived