A "Tricky" take-off....

84corvette

Afternoon,

Decided to take a quick flight out of Queenstown, Tasmania, nothing special just a scenic tour of the area. Started my flight at the "active" runway and immediately knew this was NOT going to be a good day ... :)

Posted Image

You should have seen me trying to dodge all those tree's, I guess someone had a sense of humor when building this airport :)

This reminds me of the old saying : You can't see the forest for the trees . Ha Ha

Brad

Ah huh ... :)

You better get a helicopter.

Apparently you haven't seen my "An Oh crap moment" post ;):)

Cleared for take off -whats keeping you !

Thats Tasmania for you, full of them . You got a couple of big whipper Snippers on board ..go for it !

Luckily it is Tassie, the logging capital of the world, geuss they just missed this bit :)

But seriously, any fix for this that you guys know of ?

But seriously, any fix for this that you guys know of ?

I would take the coordinates of the location ...shift z ..or z ..something like that ? ...or name the airfield and head over to the help section with a screen shot and ask can anything be done . Possibly a better way maybe to pm a dev with the details and they may put it on the list of fixes.

Are you sure you have installed all the updates , assuming there may be some for this area

Afternoon,

Decided to take a quick flight out of Queenstown, Tasmania, nothing special just a scenic tour of the area. Started my flight at the "active" runway and immediately knew this was NOT going to be a good day ... :)

Posted Image

You should have seen me trying to dodge all those tree's, I guess someone had a sense of humor when building this airport :)

Hi Tony, here are three screenshots from my Queenstown YQNS, I don't see any trees on the runway.This is a basic FSX airfield.

Peter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Top down view and as you can see no trees on both ends on the runway.

Posted Image

A nice shot Tony, but indeed:

Try again and if these trees are still there then, maybe really consider contacting the support forums here!

And indeed - as Alan2 has pointed out: Maybe recheck if You have all updates installed - or:

Is FTX Central set to "Oceania"?

Or:

Do You have some OZx airports installed as well?

... just some ideas, which may be the resaon for the trees here.

Good luck and i hope this issue will get fixed for You soon!

Thanks guys. seems as though it is one of three things then, a bad install (possibly), not having the SP4 Patch installed or not having Oceania activated prior to flying - which, to be honest, is most likely at this point.

Thanks for the REAL shots of Queenstown for comparison - I'll take another look now I have every installed.

Adam, I did ignore them in the end and flew regardless :)

That is a bit of a mess. LOL

Yep, you could say that :)

I would take the coordinates of the location ...shift z ..or z ..something like that ? ...or name the airfield and head over to the help section with a screen shot and ask can anything be done . Possibly a better way maybe to pm a dev with the details and they may put it on the list of fixes.

Are you sure you have installed all the updates , assuming there may be some for this area

I think I flew this just to check that it had installed properly before installing the updates - so that could have contributed to this mess.

• 1 month later...

Archived