Hoonah issue

DocBird

I have some issues with Hoonah Airport:

The Airport and runways are 10 ft above the surrounding scenery. That is an elevation issue. I have disabled UA altogether but still the same.

The photo real scenery surrounding the airport is very coarse and somehow “boxy†as if the resolution would be too low.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I believe that is how PAOH is supposed to look, like the taxiways and rwy are raised above the surrounding flat area. Mine looks the same, raised about 6 ft. I'll add it to my list of (possible?) issues and discuss it with the rest of the team.

Cheers, Neil

Hi all,

I believe that is how PAOH is supposed to look, like the taxiways and rwy are raised above the surrounding flat area. Mine looks the same, raised about 6 ft. I'll add it to my list of (possible?) issues and discuss it with the rest of the team.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

Is that also true for the photo real scenery around?

Thanks for your efforts!

Till

Hi all,

Cheers, Neil

Looks exactly the same at my end Neil

Hi guys,

the airport sits in a tidal mudflat and thus is raised above the terrain by several m to avoid flooding: http://www.faa.gov/a...mages/HNH-b.jpg and http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles4355.jpg . The photoreal source imagery is 1m resolution and as good as it gets, I'm afraid. We did, however, notice just before release that there are a few places near the runways where water creeps up the slope and we'll fix that in an SAK service pack.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

This is one for Neil, I know it'a liitle bit of nit picking so forgive me for that, I was at Hoonah some years ago and there are trees between the two houses and airport perimeter/tarmac.

However when you see this picture below you'll notice that the trees are not showing however they were modelled (it showed up in Instant scenery)

It does not show up in FSX however. Is it possible to fix that. And to remove the fuel tank which isn't there in reality.

More over the middle hangar is red instead of greyish. I know nit picking but ... :)

Posted Image

Hi Rob,

Did what I could for PAOH. Added a few trees where you suggested but as you said there were some trees there, make sure you display settings are high enough to see them. Removed the fuel tank and spread around the orange cones plus exchanged the greyish hanger for one of a more correct color (we don't have any red ones in the ORBX library) and added a few other details.

Cheers, Neil

post-2447-0-68933100-1365631972_thumb.jp

Hi Rob,

Did what I could for PAOH. Added a few trees where you suggested but as you said there were some trees there, make sure you display settings are high enough to see them. Removed the fuel tank and spread around the orange cones plus exchanged the greyish hanger for one of a more correct color (we don't have any red ones in the ORBX library) and added a few other details.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your efforts. We will see them in the next service pack or patch or whatever it is called then, right?

When I look at your picture it appears as if your water is darker than mine (which is a question of testures im sure) but your ground textures don't look as "squared" as mine. Is that a question of any settings?

Furthermore it might be an idea to change back for the surrounding area to "normal" handmade textures if the resolution of the photoreal material is not good enough to provide Orbx-stye quality. I find the squares "not nice".

Best regards,

Till

Hi Till,

I don't know why your ground texture looks "squared", mine looks great and Holger mentioned above that it's 1 mtr resolution which is as good as we place. My water is darker because I have my water set at "low 1.x" because I prefer that look (and also it allows faster scenery refresh times which is important when generating revised airports).

Yes, you will see the update in the next Service Pack.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Till,

The photoreal area around Hoonah is 90cm which is a higher resolution than the surrounding land class. The quality of the aerial isn't exactly top notch as is the nature of most imagery around Alaska. If you want to deactivate it search your Orbx directory for 'Hoonah' and deactivate the BGL with 'orthoimage' in the name, it'll probably be the largest file to show up in the search

*edit: Back at desktop, the file name is "2_orthoimage_AK_USGS2006_Hoonah_90cm.bgl" and it resides in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK06_CVX\scenery

Neil this is perfect cunstomer service! Thanks! I forgot one thing to mention and that's the segmented circle which is missing at the first taxi exit rwy 05.

You can even see it vagely in the photo scenery. Thanks again Neil much appreciated!

Edit: darn I took a look at your screenshot and you already added it!! I'll just shut up now ;)

Archived