Juneau jetways issue

spinker

Hello,

On my computer the Juneau jetways are in the wrong position. They are located in a stand alone position (not connected to any buildings)

Has anybody noticed this??

Is there a fix for this??

Could I be the only one seeing this??

Any comments would be appreciated.

Larry

Very sorry about the capitals in the header, I have been here long enough to know better. Must have been one of those senior moments.

I will be sure that it does not happen again.

How do I disable other third party addons? Would I do this through World Scenery library?.I have numerous third party addons.

Larry

Hi Larry,

you can either look through your FSX scenery library menu and deactivate any add-on at higher display priority (=above) the FTX block of entries that might contain Juneau files, or you can run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder for all .bgl files that have "PAJN" as part of their names. Any file that doesn't reside in any of the FTX folders, with the exception of "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in Scenery\World\scenery, is likely from a third-party add-on.

In addition you could also post a screenshot of the terminal area here because it might allow us to provide more specific pointers.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Thank you for taking an interest in my jetways problem.

This is what I have found so far:

Found 5 files I assume this is what you reference to "and deactivate any add-on at higher display priority" (=above) the FTX block of entries that might contain Juneau files"

I deactivated them but it made no diifference in the jetways.

These were the 5 files I found

5 files......fx_HS_FSX__SAK_PAJN_LDIN_A.fx

4 files A thru D

1 red_obs.fx

This morning when started FSX and went to Juneau jetways. The jetways were all in the correct position although the Juneau scenery was not as complete as I have seen and no animations.

When I checked with FTX Central I found I had made a mistake and had switched FTX Central back to "default" mode instead of the proper setting of "North America". So apparently the jetways are in the correct location using FTX Central in the default settings.

Does this give you any clue as to what might be happening??

Still working on photos

For now,

Larry

Hi Spinker,

I merged your other thread today with your existing thread regarding the Juneau jetways, please do not start new threads about the same issue, thanks!

Now you still have not provided a screenshot of what your seeing as we have requested but I just traveled to Juneau myself and see no issues with jetways in FTX SAK (I do not run any non-Orbx scenery for obvious reasons), picture below, so I suspect you still have a conflicting bit of 3rd party scenery

Posted Image

Hi there,

sorry but I seem to have lost track of this thread.

First off, you deactivated our PAJN effect files, which should remain active. That's why I specifically mentioned .bgl files, not any with other extensions. Only .bgl files would contain airport scenery.

Yes, there are three jetways though you need to have your scenery complexity slider set to at least "VERY DENSE" for them to show; that is hard-coded like that in FSX. Try that and then let us know if they display. Obvioulsy, FTX Central should be set to North America for SAK to be active.

There's a how-to thread in our Community Screenshots forum in case you don't know how to post screenshots; seeing images makes it a lot easier to diagnose issues.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Tim beat me to it ;D

Hello Holger,

I don't know what is happening but in "reply mode in ORBX" I am unable to move the cursor up or down and hitting enter does not move me to the line below. I have checked other programs that I have including this memo and cursor moves properly so this problem seems to only exist in ORBX.

Would you know of any setting in ORBX that would cause or fix this problem.

I am writing to you because I do not want to lose the interest in my problem.

I'm not sure how to fix the cursor problem. working on it.

"P.S. I have repaired my cursor problem. Thank you Holger"

I re-activated the PAJN effect files.

I asked the question about the jetways because I wanted to be sure they belonged in PANJ, Tims screenshot shows me where they should be.

Sliders are set to very dense.

I have uploade 2 screenshots ao far but now that I can see the locations of the jetways I will try to get a screenshot from the same location as Tims view.

I am having a problem with the QBB setting, should I be in the reply mode when calling for it? I get a pull down list of at least 20 choices. Dont know what to do fro there.

I'm sorry to bother you with a personal email but simce you and others have replied I want to be sure sure recomendations are appreciated

In my settings-scenery file I am seeing 637 scenery entrys, I have reviewed them but could not find one that could be in an area in conflict with Juneau. Too many to shut down.

I hope I will be able to reply on ORBX soon

Screenshots coming shortly.

Larry

Hello,

I am having trouble posting screenshots.

When I call for BBS and choose "post link" it asks for post ID (what is this?) and then enter the title for this link is the title Juneau jetways issue?

Not sure what to do in order to post screenshots

Larry

That works, except its a screencap of the upload window at the fsfiles website, so you're almost there!, now you only need to grab your FSX screenshot, upload and post the link

I know its probably a pain in the neck, buts its really handy for almost any kind of scenery issue to be able to provide a picture

Cheers!

Tim

Tim,

Since I have been

Can we try this? If you go to Gallery, page 2 there are 3 screenshots all showing a red and white beech baron. Maybe you can see the screenshots there. Let me know if that will work

Larry

Hi there,

not really because you've posted the links to the thumbnails meaning we can't see the full-size images. Asking us to browse the main gallery doesn't work well either because so many new images are uploaded each day.

However, I was able to track down your images and have copied the BBCode links from the Direct Links section into this post; that's what you should have done too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, looking at those screenshots it's obvious that you have another Juneau add-on active because SAK doesn't contain that building with gabled roofs plus the main terminal is different. Please look through your scenery library menu and find and deactivate any entry that might contain PAJN files; it would have to be at higher display priority (=above) than the FTX block of entries. Alternatively, you could run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder for .bgl files that include Juneau or PAJN as part of their name. Any file outside the FTX SAK folders, except the ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL file in \Scenery\World\scenery, is a potential culprit.

Cheers, Holger

I have searched all areas that you suggested found nothing that would be causing other than proper SAK BGL files.

The ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL file in \Scenery\World\scenery had already been set to OFF to correct a sunken runway problem.

Would a re-install of SAK be worth a try??

Conclusion:

Since I have added over 450 scenery files to FSX over the years plus all my FTX scenery files it will take some time to try to track down the file that may be in conflict causing my jetway's to be located incorrectly.

Since I am very satisfied with SAK Juneau's wide overall scenery area including the International Airport PAJN there seems to be so much more to see in this version of SAK that the temporary loss of 3 jetway's is something I can live with and I don't think it is worth much more time to correct this problem.

Everybody has been so helpful I just don't want to take up everyone's time any longer.

I think I will discontinue this thread and continue to find the search for the file causing the conflict. If I find anything I will advise the forum.

Thank you all for your help. Once again I will sign off by mentioning opinion of re-installing SAK

Larry

FOUND conflicting files to jetway problem (snow dog tours) FSX file prior to ORBX

Jetways are back in proper place.

Thanks for the screenshot Tim.

Thank you for all your help Holger.

Larry

Holger, also restored msn v9 thanks

Holger

I have re-activated the ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL as you suggested but I now have hills around runways again. I have changed ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL back to OFF but the hills still remain.

Any suggestions how to remove them?

Larry

Hi Holger,

I dont know if you will see this but I did find a situation that also may contain a conflict but i cannot find a scenery file to load.

It is active since all scenery is there.

The situation name is IAN Ps Bigger Base Near Juneau cant find scenery file to match that.

Does it ring a bell with you?

Larry

The

Archived