How will FTX Global relate to the regional addons like USA/CAN southern alaska and yt

Bram Stikkel

Hello FTX staff,

I was wondering why I would buy more regional FTX addon scenery, if I can buy FTX Global in a few months ?

And will my allready bought FTX regions have any use after I will have purchased FTX Global ?

I suppose you have a clear bordered idear on what will be the content of FTX Global and what the regional FTX scenery packs will contain. Is there a detail level difference ?

Thanks for clearing up ! :)

Bram Stikkel

Hello John,

Thank you for so patiently pointing me to the already published info. As a matter of fact I had already read the publication in the time it was fresh. In the meantime totally forgot about the existence of this information. Excuse me.

Is is clear for me again :).

Greetings,

Bram Stikkel

John,

I realize this is improved textures, better autogen, etc. So I more or less understand how it will fit in with ORBX and FTX regions. However this part I had missed, below, and it raises some questions:

The price of this product is AU$195 and will include free perpetual upgrades including a constant flow of upgraded airports at key locations around the world, for example Helsinki in Finland or Manila in the Phillipines. We are building a dedicated team of people who will do nothing but work on continual improvements, POIs and airports and key areas of custom landclass around the world. Additionally, as Orbx releases the much more detailed and sophisticated regions around the world, we will dip into the expanding texture pool to finesse the global product, all at no charge.

A constant flow of ugraded airports at key locations around the world -- could you give us an example here? Would this be civilian airports only? Or might you eventually move into military airbases?

We're still fine tuning the roll out model of the product. As posted here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/54917-ftx-global-pricing-model-explained/ we have split FTX Global into a Base pack and a Plus Pack. The Base pack will be released first and this is textures only. The Plus Pack may be a one-off purchase price with perpetual enhancement like airports, LC, (which may include military bases), or we may implement an 'app store' model where we charge smaller sums of money for incremental improvements, ie $2 for LC for the Pacific Islands for instance.

We're still fine tuning the roll out model of the product. As posted here http://www.orbxsyste...odel-explained/ we have split FTX Global into a Base pack and a Plus Pack. The Base pack will be released first and this is textures only. The Plus Pack may be a one-off purchase price with perpetual enhancement like airports, LC, (which may include military bases), or we may implement an 'app store' model where we charge smaller sums of money for incremental improvements, ie $2 for LC for the Pacific Islands for instance.

Either way is good, in regards to the Plus Pack.

The second option, the app-store concept, might be better for those that already have a good deal of payware addon that they already like. So far all my payware addons are outside the ORBX FTX regions so I've not really been faced with making those choices -- yet. Probably I will when you get to the Netherlands and Germany.

Archived