Wrong levels at Paraparaumu, NZNI

Bassman

Hi Dan,

looks like an elevation adjustment file doesn't do what it's supposed to

did you install something with FTX Central set to Oceania ?

Did you switch FTX Central back to default hit "apply" and then back again to Oceania and hit "apply" again ?

other option is to go to => .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and check if the files starting with ADE_NZNI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment. BGL all should have the .BGL extension and not the .OFF extension

in case off check for double names and delete the ones with the .off extension

DO THIS ONLY for the files that are named ADE_NZNI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment. BGL

and small request when lodging a support query please add the coordinates and or the name of the airfield where you have the issue

Hi Dan,

looks like an elevation adjustment file doesn't do what it's supposed to

did you install something with FTX Central set to Oceania ?

Did you switch FTX Central back to default hit "apply" and then back again to Oceania and hit "apply" again ?

other option is to go to => .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and check if the files starting with ADE_NZNI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment. BGL all should have the .BGL extension and not the .OFF extension

in case off check for double names and delete the ones with the .off extension

DO THIS ONLY for the files that are named ADE_NZNI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment. BGL

and small request when lodging a support query please add the coordinates and or the name of the airfield where you have the issue

The name of the airfield was in the title of the post.

Have a look and see if you have the following file in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder: "NZPPmin.bgl. If so, delete (or rename to old) the file as it is a leftover from the Uninstall of Robin Corn's freeware Paraparaumu scenery.

Once again the forum comes to the rescue. I had the NZPPmin.bgl file as suggested by Leigh. Prior to Orbx NZNI I must have installed that airport without listing it in my spreadsheet. I maintain a spreadsheet of every addon installed and the date etc (well I thought every addon but obviously not in this case :-[ ). All is now as it should be. Thanks fpr everyone's constructive suggestions.

Cheers Dan

PS: When installing Orbx scenery and patches etc I always look for an instruction as to where to switch FTX Central before installing. Most times I cannot see any specific instruction so presume it does not matter however Walter's comments "did you install something with FTX Central set to Oceania ?...." now makes me question this.

So, is it best to switch to FSX default before installing Orbx scenery including patches and libraries (which I think will then automatically set FTX Central to the region installed??), then switch from the Orbx region in FTX central to default and then switch back to the Orbx region and hit apply. ?????

Archived