UK airfields

Jcannon83

Hi there!

Lets start off with something positive, What you guys do within the world of FSX is nothing short of legendary. The visuals and the FPS are everything that anybody could ask for.

I do own EGHR, But I am probably going to hold off on the other airports until a sale comes up. That being said, about the future planned airfields...

Why are they all in the south of the England?

Why are they all in the south of the England?

I was pretty disappointed that Barton Aerodrome was left out of the list, as well as most other airfields north of London. The North IMO has more to offer in terms of scenery, e.g. The Dales, Lakes etc. I found the South (except Cornwall) pretty bland and flat for my liking. Will see what happens when Scotland comes along :-)

Stapleford is about to be released shortly. I have just installed the retail build and I have FSX all sliders maxxed, no tweaks, running on my Macbook Pro Retina under W7 Bootcamp, with Opus Weather and Shaky Cam, at 2880x1800. I have all the long grass options set in the airport control panel, and full GA AI traffic sliders.

On RWY10 approach I get 22FPS all the way to the ground then 30FPS locked to my limiter. Same goes for all approach vectors; London does not come into the frame, no FPS hit at all, it's too far away. Whilst I can see the Shard etc, it is a very low LOD and there is no real impact.

As for Northern airports we do intend to cover the whole of the UK in VFR airports, which I have stated numerous times. I guess you chaps up north are experiencing the same jealousy when Orbx started off making airport six years ago in the southern half of Australia and we heard cries of "foul" from our cousins in Queensland.

Fact is, we'll get there, likely sooner than you think. Wales is not far away from release and Scotland a few months behind that. It's in our interest to spread our VFR airports right across the UK and that will certainly happen.

Good things come to those who wait :)

If FTX is coming north - might it come a weeny bit west too? Shobdon is just perfect for such a task - with the right number of buildings etc. I could get down there and take lots of pics too as it's only just down the road.

Archived