Not sure which to go for....

StormVR6

Hello all,

Since spotting the new NZMF package, I can't stop looking at it - gliding out of and over that area would be wonderful. It's clear that a lot of time and effort has been put into it, some of the shots look like photos! But what with money being on the low side (the taxman wanting his pound of flesh at the end of this month) I'm wondering if it's worth spending a few £££ more and gain an entire area. I love my PNW scenery, so maybe another NA region would be a wiser investment at this time.

But that NZMF payware airport pack (I currently don't own any payware airports) looks so good I simply cannot decide.

What do you lot think?

Hi, i'm a fan of NZ (both), it's a big step above anything ORBX have done before. I spent half day in PNW with 2 new airport and... well, nothing come close to NZMF. Sorry, In NZMF all 3 airport/field are surrounded by exquisite mountain that are simply breathtaking visually, all landing strip are hard to take off and land, even NZMF itself can be challenging with faster GA plane. It's also fun to fly a seaplane in NZMF. The grass and nature is at it's best.

I made this little video clip this week, not that I'm good at it but to show the 3 airport. I hope it help you decide.

[media=]http://youtu.be/1mbU0pkhBOQ

I must admit, although I find PNW breathtaking, I do spend most of my time in NZSI, which is why the new NZMF package is so appealing. I appreciate and enjoy the free add-on FTX airports but I'd love to have a payware one. If the FTX regions were double the price of the new airports then I'd definitely pick up the NZMF pack, but when it's a fiver difference between an airport and an entire region it's tough to choose. It's silly really, last year, when money wasn't an issue, I wouldn't have given it a thought.

I'm definitely leaning towards NZMF though. ;)

Thanks for your serious (your jocular post made me laugh, aburley) thoughts, ftp.

What do you lot think?

Personally, I would buy another region over another airport. I feel like you get more for your money when you buy a region.

An entire region looks A LOT better than default FSX vs. an airport looks better than the ORBX region airport (which is already improved from FSX default).

I have NZMF and it is fantastic and worth buying, especially if you fly in NZSI a lot. But honestly the NZSI Milford looks pretty good.

Ask yourself where you fly most and if you want a better looking Milford Sound or a better looking CRM, NRM, or PFJ to connect to you PNW.

Hi StormVR6, I think NZMF is brilliant. And by the way it actually includes three other airstrips not two. Though two are very close together. As I live in NZ and are familiar with the landscape etc. I will be buying all NZ airports/strips Orbx produce. However, as I like to explore Orbxland I don't buy their airports for other regions as I usually only visit a strip once and can not tell whether it is accurate or not. I guess what I am saying is that unless you intend to fly NZ a lot, buy another region. If you do it is well worth getting NZMF.

fpt2leta, thanks for the video, I enjoyed it.

I decided to go with the NZMF package for two reasons.

Firstly, I love flying/gliding in and over NZSI, especially the southern fjords, and anything that makes it look even better is a plus.

Secondly, there is still so much to explore and discover in the regions I already own, buying another region at this time would be the epitome of indulgence.

I've only just downloaded NZMF, so I'm off to visit my new add-on. :)

Thanks for your input.

Mark.

Archived