Incorrect parking locations at EGCC UK2000 Xtreme

djamoran

Hello all

I resolved the issue that a few have had with UK2000 scenery by renaming the extension of the ORBX EGCC files, but one thing that hasn't been corrected by this is the parking positions. They all seem to be roughly correct, but in line with the ORBX scenery still, not the UK2000 scenery.

Is there a separate file to amend or a way to get FSX to look for the UK2000 parking slots again?

I appreciate this is an issue of compatibility between the two companies ORBX and UK2000 and I will ask in there as well. For a future patch would there be any way of disabling airports individually like UK2000 does? I think this would solve a lot of the support questions here about the overlaid textures when people want to use their UK2000 scenery instead of ORBX. Until ORBX UK EGCC comes along of course ;D

Same for EGLC (UK2000 Xtreme) with EU where RJ70's have their nose pressed against the glass of the departure lounge. I seem to remember that the parking taxi lines for the old UK2000 scenery had the aircraft parking at an angle then taxiing in a circle to exit the stand. This is as it is in reality. Now the taxi 'lines' take the aircraft to a halt at almost 90 degrees to the terminal.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

UK 2000,:

Posted Image

with FTX

Posted Image

I'm guessing you still have the UK2000 EGLC package, if you do then simply put it above anything ORBX in the FSX scenery library. Then you will see the UK2000 airport with FTX England around it.

FTX England only comes with slightly enhanced FSX default airports so although they are better, they are not as accurate as a stand alone airports.

Gary over at UK2000 spends a massive amount of time creating precise buildings and on AFCAD files (which in part determines how AI aircraft park) as do these guys at ORBX on their stand alone airports.

I hope this helps

Hey fellas, I have just discovered this issue. I too have a problem at EGCC, while all the other UK2000 airports appear to be OK. This is after a fresh install of Manchester EGCC, with FTX central set to default, with the V2 patch for EGCC and with the scenery set above Orbx and the common library below, as instructed. There is no problem with FSX set at default, or with GEX Europe, only when England is active... sooo... any ideas?

Posted Image

Howard

Have you removed (or renamed to .off) the 2 files ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC.bgl and FTX_ENG_EGCC_objects.bgl ??

They can be found in "Your FSX Folder".........\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery.

This thread highlights the issue: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50849-manchester-issues/

Removing/renaming the 2 files removes the FTX version of EGCC as for some reason layering UK2000 above FTX does not work (!?!) and leaves you with just the UK2000 version.

FYI - the ADE and objects bgl's (ADE_FTX_ENG_xxxx.bgl and FTX_ENG_xxxx_objects.bgl) in that folder can be removed/renamed for ANY UK2000 airport you own (where xxxx = the airport code) to delete the FTX version. My UK2000 Heathrow also had a similar problem and i just renamed those files for Heathrow, and all my UK2000 stuff, and I haven't seen a default building since!!

Regards

Steve

That's what I was going to suggest and also if it was FSX default use something like ADE or AFX to track down the default airport file path and do he same thing. I don't own UK2000 EGCC but do own EGLL EGKK and EGSS and can say (touch wood) I haven't had any of these problems yet.

If all else fails could always ask Gary over at UK2000 and ask if he did anything different with the layers of EGCC.

Hi Howard, your screenshot clearly shows that you have two AFD files active for EGCC on your system. Unlike other files, AFD files can interfere with sceneries no matter where they are in terms of position in the scenery library, the onlyr real option, in many cases, is to remove or make inactive the files that you do not want to appear. However, the problem that you have may not be due to the FTX AFD file for EGCC, but can be any other file. For instance, if you are using MTX then there is a file in the scenery folder br2_egcc.bgl that you need to remove, and other ai systems also contain AFD files. I suggest that you first consider your ai system, or if you have previously had another version of EGCC that may not have completely been removed, as the advice you were given above is correct and will certainly remove the problem. It may not be easy to find the errant file, but if a search for files containing "egcc" (without the quotes) does not render any unexpected results you could remove sceneries that relate to the UK a section at a time from your scenery.cfg until you find the culprit.

Hi Howard, your screenshot clearly shows that you have two AFD files active for EGCC on your system. Unlike other files, AFD files can interfere with sceneries no matter where they are in terms of position in the scenery library, the onlyr real option, in many cases, is to remove or make inactive the files that you do not want to appear. However, the problem that you have may not be due to the FTX AFD file for EGCC, but can be any other file. For instance, if you are using MTX then there is a file in the scenery folder br2_egcc.bgl that you need to remove, and other ai systems also contain AFD files. I suggest that you first consider your ai system, or if you have previously had another version of EGCC that may not have completely been removed, as the advice you were given above is correct and will certainly remove the problem. It may not be easy to find the errant file, but if a search for files containing "egcc" (without the quotes) does not render any unexpected results you could remove sceneries that relate to the UK a section at a time from your scenery.cfg until you find the culprit.

Hi Norman, agh, MTX of course, that may well be the culprit. I'll do a proper search later today and let you know how I get on, cheers

Howard EGCC was the same for me just make sure you turn off or remove like I did all Orbx files with EGCC and all is fine. It is that simple.

Hi mate, no I did that, but with no joy. It sounds like maybe MTX is the culprit... apart from tnat any other ideas? I will try out later anyway and let you know...

Hi Howard, if you have MTX then that will almost certainly be the cause. AFD files are notorious for interfering with sceneries, and it is difficult to know when they will or will not. One thing that you can do that will help, is to make sure that the MTX scenery folder is in the scenery library immediately below AddonScenery. Norman

Well fellas, this is looking rather perplexing... I switched off the br2_egcc.bgl file in the scenery folder of MTX, but still with no joy.

So to summarise:- With FSX default no problem, with GEX/UTX Europe no problem, with FTX England = problem, with duplicate airport bgl's removed from Orbx scnery folder = problem, with br2_egcc.bgl removed from MTX = problem. Mmmm..... BTW: the MTX folder is in the correct position within the library list too...

Hi,

As a test temporarily disable "FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY" in the scenery library and see if it still happens, if it does still happen then its nothing in England but if it fixes it then we can start looking more closely what file is the cause.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I have disabled "FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY" in the scenery library, as suggested, and it fixed the problem.

OK, now find "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC.bgl", "FTX_ENG_EGCC_objects.bgl" and "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC_CVX.bgl" they are located in "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery\" and move them to your desktop. Reload fsx and test.

If that doesn't fix it im lost as that is all the files for EGCC.

Paul

Paul...sorted! Strange though, as the files were turned off in the scenery folder??? Does this mean that even though they are turned off they still can affect things? So I guess I should delete the same kind of files with Vancouver rather than just turning them off?

normally renaming the file extension to off works (i.e. object_file.OFF) but i have had weird errors where removing them was the only fix.

If it works by renaming them leave them be otherwise remove them, i would perhaps create a backup folder and keep the files incase you wanna go back.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Archived