Issues with PAPI and VASI at KSFF

Bugdani

I don't have an answer, but I've seen the problem of offset effects like this happening in FSX for years, with many different sceneries. Usually, reloading the flight or restarting the sim fixes it for me. I don't know if that will work in your case(s) or not.

Hello Bug

I had the problem at KWYS Yellowstone.

But it was missing not displaced PAPI/VASI lights.

The cause was some bug in FSX SP2. It happens when setting runway width to 0.0 and compiling the BGL with the FSX Acceleration SDK.

(Most probably an internal FSX SP2 Math error when multiplying or dividing by 0.0 == NaN when calculating PAPI/VASI placement)

Problem solved in the KWYS patch.

I don’t yet own NRM or KSFF, but one question; Are you using FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration?

Cheers.

The problem is one of transparency of the lights with the light boxes. the lights themselves are from the APX while the light boxes are separate scenery placed objects. If the lights are placed where they should be directly in front of the light box, they become invisible to approaching aircraft. The only solution is to place the lights a little in front of, or slightly behind the light boxes so they look as good as possible to landing aircraft. The lights will always appear to float when viewed up close.

Having said that, these ones could have been placed a little closer to the light boxes and I'll accept responsibility for that. I'll improve them as best I can for Jarrad to include in any future service pack.

Some airports have custom built light boxes but these are very complex and quite time consuming to build. Perhaps in a future service pack.

G'day Bug,

The waterfall effects are not scalable in themselves, but I would imagine (though haven't tried) that turning down your effects setting in FSX will change the amount of spray. Also, you may have also noted that you can switch off (if you wish) the waterfalls in the Felts Control Panel.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived