Sightseeing in Nz

JanTenner

So, I nearly got everything installed and set up the way I like it after a FSX reinstall. Today I did a first longer flight to test the stability and if everything looks fine. I use Rex Ess. Plus OD (with an Emmsie theme ;) ), Opus for weather and Shade. There is no Enb or SweetFx installed. I have only Highmemfix and WideScreenAspect, the rest is untweaked.

I started at 4 am local time at NZKI (Kaikoura) which is a gem. It is such a lovely place fitted with lots of stuff as a barbeque and other people flow. I headed north following the shoreline, flew into the Marlborough Sounds, catched the 90° radial to the VOR Wellington and arrived at NZWN (Wellington Intl).

Posted Image

Soon after take off the sky changed to blue and some fog appeared as you can see here. This is shortly after passing Blenheim.

Posted Image

When arriving at Marlborough Sounds there were some low clouds giving those area a spookey view.

Posted Image

But those clouds got less giving me a good view on Picton, also a little gem in NZSI.

Posted Image

After crossing the sea which was quite boring cause I couldnt see much of NZNI because of clouds I got to where the wind is made ;)

Posted Image

I got clearance for right traffic on RW16 and flew into downwind leg.

Posted Image

Well, I was a bit low but I wanted to take a closer look at Wellington which is such detailed without influencing my fps.

Posted Image

Coming in at NZWN Rw16.

Posted Image

After taxiing to the parking areas shutting off and looking forward to a big mug of coffee :) Well, I felt so small between those tubes.

Posted Image

Conclussion: FSX is now working great. I had no stutters for the whole flight and even at Wellignton I had 30 fps which is my limit. It looks great and felt even better :) I wont touch it for a long time for I dont wanna mess around with shader stuff or whatever. Just enjoying flying :)

A tremendous series of pics! I must admit I do the Marlborough Sounds <-> Wellington run quite often - it's so *scenic* (appart from the bit over water, LOL)!!

I'm glad you have FSX set up so well. I totally agree with you ... leave it alone!! Touch wood, mine's been incredibly stable for ages now - even when I'm switching aircraft a lot in flight (which I need to do to get repaint changes to show).

I also have REX+OD and OPUS. I had both Shade and ENB running at various stages, but dumped them both. To me, they added unrealistic effects or removed colour data that I'd rather prefer to have (ooops ... flame war coming!!). I'm fairly familiar with Photoshop, so prefer to add/remove colour effects there - but these days, I don't even oother with that. A simple "V" key and a crop is all I do. REX/OPUS takes care of the rest!

Archived