What's wrong with Heathrow?

rockliffe

Hey fellas, i need some help with the new England scenery. For some reason flying around Heathrow, or on the runway, I am getting the worst performance at any Orbx airport, bar none! Stuttering and framerates around 9-14 absolutely abysmal. I have been getting around 28-30 over the city of London with AG set at very dense! I have done the trick of switching back to default and then back to Europe but with little success. One thing I should mention is the taxiways look rather odd and wonder if this has something to do with things. Help as always, appreciated, cheers...

Posted Image

Some more information that seems to be rather concerning... I did a reinstall of Orbx England as I am also having some issues with EGGD,which I am still trying to sort out. However, as far as Heathrow is concerned... can someone please offer some assistance..... sat at the end of RWY 09 GA AI set at 30% and I'm getting a steady 30 fps, change the AI to Airlines and it's stuttering around 9-14 !!!!! Normally with these settings, even at YBBN I would be getting 24. As I have said above, there is something definitely amiss here. 30frames around London with AG at very dense, fly west towards Heathrow and as I get closer, the stuttering ensures FSX is virtually unflyable....???

Hello,

One thing I should mention is the taxiways look rather odd and wonder if this has something to do with things.

That's what they look like in real life according to Bing Maps: http://binged.it/108g69R

Usually AI traffic such as airlines bring down FPS and performance (happens on my pc as well).

Looks like you have a duplicated hanger. Have you deleted "FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.bgl" in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery?

I'll see what I can do to bring the performance and FPS up in the upcoming SP for ENG. :)

Hello,

That's what they look like in real life according to Bing Maps: http://binged.it/108g69R

Usually AI traffic such as airlines bring down FPS and performance (happens on my pc as well).

Looks like you have a duplicated hanger. Have you deleted "FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.bgl" in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery?

I'll see what I can do to bring the performance and FPS up in the upcoming SP for ENG. :)

Hi Eddy, thanks for the reply. Sure, I understand about AI traffic, that is not the problem and there is a separate issue. We are looking at a drop of 50% in performance! Besides, I am running MTX pro 5.4 set at 30% and even with UKScenery 2000 Heathrow I would get a steady 24fps, this is no longer installed I hasted to add, as I prefer to fly from Gatwick. Sorry to be dim Eddy, but I don't understand why you are asking me if I have deleted a bgl from scenery I have just installed??

All good Howard.

There were three old files that slipped past into the installer (see this thread for more details: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50874-static-aircraft-at-stanstead/ ) which results into duplicate static planes, hangers, light poles etc at EGKK, EGLL and EGSS. I saw the duplicated hanger in your screenshot (bottom left hand corner) so was just checking if you have deleted that file.

All good Howard.

There were three old files that slipped past into the installer (see this thread for more details: http://www.orbxsyste...t-at-stanstead/ ) which results into duplicate static planes, hangers, light poles etc at EGKK, EGLL and EGSS. I saw the duplicated hanger in your screenshot (bottom left hand corner) so was just checking if you have deleted that file.

Hi Eddy, mmmm, followed your suggestion and deleted the relevent files.... autogen set at normal, sat at the end of RWY07... I'll let the framerate counter tell you the rest of the story...

Posted Image

sat at the end of RWY 09 GA AI set at 30% and I'm getting a steady 30 fps, change the AI to Airlines and it's stuttering around 9-14 !!!!!

Sorry, I'm not from the Regions team, but it seems pretty clear to me that your problem is the overload of AI planes. Actually most of rigs that I'm aware of has the same problem with a lot of AI, specially airliners with more detailed and animated parts. In your first pic I saw about 20 AI airliners, just in the range view of the screenshot. Also, it could be another 10 outside it and a bunch of them approaching and leaving the area.

The AI (as cars and boats) frame rate drop is a core engine problem/limitation and not much we can do about it, besides to have very light AI models (that is not always the case).

Jorge.

Sorry, I'm not from the Regions team, but it seems pretty clear to me that your problem is the overload of AI planes. Actually most of rigs that I'm aware of has the same problem with a lot of AI, specially airliners with more detailed and animated parts. In your first pic I saw about 20 AI airliners, just in the range view of the screenshot. Also, it could be another 10 outside it and a bunch of them approaching and leaving the area.

The AI (as cars and boats) frame rate drop is a core engine problem/limitation and not much we can do about it, besides to have very light AI models (that is not always the case).

Jorge.

Sorry Jorge, I don't want to be blunt, I fail to see how that could possibly be the reason. As I have already said, with my AI set at 30%, which incidentally is not high for MTX pro, and autogen at normal, I will get anything from 24-28 sat at the end of any other airport runway, at any other addon airports, including all biggies in AUS, FSDT, and some of the heaviest hitting airports, such as Aerosoft's Charles de Gaulle I'd be getting 18 !! So IMO to start looking at the AI, would be clouding the issue... no GA AI, no airport vehicles, no boats and cars set at 8% with autogen at normal.....12 frames and stuttering......(?) BTW, we are talking about an Orbx default airport too!

Wow.

Tried to edit post and TapaTalk did a number on it. Will repost something that is readable in a minute.

Ok, here is my second attempt at this.

Using the NGX as the above poster, I am also seeing worse frames than KSEA. I have NO AI traffic on at all. Using OPUS for weather, but that makes no difference my end with clear skies or heavy weather.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, once away from the airport it is ok. Even over London City it is not like that for me, as I stay pegged out at 25 or 26 which is the max I have my frames set to.

I hope I am not stepping on toes also posting in same thread, I just though I would share the same issue so as it does not seem that just the OP has an issue.

On my behalf, something eerie may happen around Heathrow area. Be it Orbx default airport or UK2000 the loss of frames is the same, and is huge. The only remedy is to reduce to zero airtraffic. Compared to this area, YBBN is a tiny heliport from FS9 :P Without AI traffic, which mine is never above 30%, frames improve a lot, but flying above London city is a walk in the park compared beeing above Heathrow (w/o ai naturally).

Cheers

Fabio

Archived