Carenado or Flight 1 B200 King Air

Hank

Just got an e-mail to say that the Carenado HD King Air is available.....

Some opinions would be welcome. I have already had the Flight 1 Aeroworx B200

for quite some time. I've always gone back to the default one in FSX if I want to

fly it. Mainly because of the fps with the Flight 1 product being too hungry.

Has anyone tried the new one from Carenado? Being HD; is it also frame rate heavy?

Cheers

Hank

You do see the Carenado King Air all over the paparazzi thread as mater if fact I will be taking delivery of one myself tomorrow. I own the Mirage from Carenado and have really enjoyed it so I have no doubts the King Air will be equally pleasing.

Regards Dreamer

I'm sceptical of what is really behind the carenado products, even more so given that I understand the B200 is powered by a default PT6 engine model. I would expect the flight 1 model to go further down the road of realistic powerplant/systems functioning, within the limits of FSX of course.

Hi Hank,

I cleared out all my GA aircraft 6 months ago and the only ones I have are the RealAir Turbine and the Lancair. Why because everything else does not come close imo. Reailty XP in both is the icing on the cake.

Carenado's that I had...a lot all binned, why? there not much more than eye candy really to be harsh.

but...

I bought the Carenado HD King Air because of the fact I love the looks and it has an exe to install the Reailty XP add to that a saw on AVSIM a lua to put it in a true cold and dark state.

What do I think, it's very good, feels different than anything else and the new sound set with SP1 is great. So I can say after doing some flight this Carenado is by far the best I've had and this one is being parked next to the two RealAir's and that alone is high praise.

FPS it's not the best but I turned of instrument refection and did not miss them, so all good.

The start up and cut of is not as good as the Duke T but it is close.

Just got an e-mail to say that the Carenado HD King Air is available.....

Some opinions would be welcome. I have already had the Flight 1 Aeroworx B200

for quite some time. I've always gone back to the default one in FSX if I want to

fly it. Mainly because of the fps with the Flight 1 product being too hungry.

Has anyone tried the new one from Carenado? Being HD; is it also frame rate heavy?

Cheers

Hank

You see me confused! Is there a Flight1 B200 available for FSX or are you talking about the old one for FS9?

Wolfgang

Wolfgang.....

You hit the nail on the head !!!!

I went back to look at my CD cover, and sure enough it is the FS9 version. So in hindsight; my thread is null and void.

I'll have to check and see (on my FS dedicated computer; not this one) what brand of King Air I'm running on it that

has been so FPS hungry. Sorry guys to stuff you all around. Put it down to "old timers" disease!!!

Cheers

Hank

Archived