YMML Melbourne International v2 installer update

Matt McGee

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I got the notification from FSS that the YMML v2 installer had been updated.

This is just a dual FSX/P3D installer with no changes to the scenery, correct?

So, if my YMML is installed and working, there is no need to get the new installer right now?

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry to be dumb... but where is the dual installer located? I checked my account downloads and can only see what i originally downloaded or is that actually a different file?

The product is the same but the file on your download link has been updated. If you click it now you'll be downloading the dual installer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry also to be dumb ... but .... does this mean that the download is significantly smaller than the original, or do we have to download the lot again? If this latter is the case, a lot of us in struggle street will lack the necessary bandwidth.

Would appreciate clarification of this issue.

Cheers

Tom.

All the P3D installers that I have downloaded recently (last 4 or 5 days) have been smaller than the original files downloaded for FSX use.

Maybe Adrian or someone from Orbx (Ed Correa) could enlighten us as to why this is and what has been left out.

Keep checking your FSS account for compabilty. There are other updates too.

Colin

Tom.

All the P3D installers that I have downloaded recently (last 4 or 5 days) have been smaller than the original files downloaded for FSX use.

Maybe Adrian or someone from Orbx (Ed Correa) could enlighten us as to why this is and what has been left out.

Keep checking you FSS account. There are other updates too.

Colin

Nothing has been left out. The new installer is built with a different package which has better compression.

So how big are these new downloads as a generalised percentage .... because anything over say 70% of the original will involve huge

downloads for us that have large numbers of orbx products. Might be forced to fork out for the backup discs.

Clarification sought.

Cheers.

PNW should be soon, all dual installers are with FSS now.

So how big are these new downloads as a generalised percentage .... because anything over say 70% of the original will involve huge

downloads for us that have large numbers of orbx products. Might be forced to fork out for the backup discs.

Clarification sought.

Cheers.

Installers are smaller, but if you use P3D and want have those products directly installed into P3D, then you'll have to download it. Otherwise use the smaller Migrator tool to link all the FSX products into P3D. Your choice.

Clarification sought.

Cheers.

Clarification sought.

Cheers.

While most of the new installers are smaller than their former FSX only versions the difference in size is only marginal. If downloading the new installers is an issue FSS does now offer a 32GB USB Flash Drive after market Digital Media Service for AUD$44.95 delivered worldwide. http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=96

Thanks for that Adrian - is there a charge to put each orbx product on to the Flash Drive, or does the $44.95 cover the 32GB of burning and postage (assuming only already purchased FSX products are sought).

Checking out your link above, my reading of it is that the $9 charge covers burning and postage for up to a full CD, or DVD, and $44.95 for a 32GB Flash Drive, regardless of number of products.

Is this correct?

Cheers

Archived