First RED flight...

I can see them... :D

They look awesome! I'm just wondering if there will be any 'blending' of the Rock with the ground textures around it. It would look even better if it seemed to just rise out of the ground... but maybe that's not possible, of course.

Can see them now, great shots. I agree re the last image the rock doesn't seem to sit to well with the surrounding area. Mind you it does sort of leap up out of the earth. If the shots I have seen here and elsewhere on this forum are anything to go by RED will be pushing the others for drama.

Alex

Guest SimFreak

Nice base textures! Adding to krigl's post, will the area around Ayers rock get some customized landclass based on real world data? That would be nice, I mean it's such a well-known landmark! :)

Nice base textures! Adding to krigl's post, will the area around Ayers rock get some customized landclass based on real world data? That would be nice, I mean it's such a well-known landmark! :)

Of course, this is the alpha build, which is using Orbx's licensed Cloud9 Xclass AU, which eventually gets replaced by our custom landclass. Also keep in mind FTX is the "base" pallette which airport and scenery designers then use to place airports and other objects. We don't add airports, but I will make a point of adding the appropriate shrubs and trees near the base of the rock as it is in real life.

We also understand that the default or Holgermesh at 76m resolution is not going to render places like King's Canyon and other POI's very well. So in those areas we are looking at creating some custom mesh elevation data based on any source geodata available (if it does not cost a fortune).

We are also going to include millions of km of actual rabbit and roo fences which are in this region, which will add just another touch of realism. Might be cool if someone makes a helo-based "roo culling" mission ;)

Guest SimFreak

Ah yes I do of course realise that this is still a very plain AU RED.  ;) Thanks for the answer John. Sounds great! It will be awesome to have all of Australia available! 8)

Guest Aussieman

Might be cool if someone makes a helo-based "roo culling" mission ;)

Hope the people from PETA don't read this John otherwise you will have painted naked protestors blockading your office  ;D.

Cheers

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived