First set - a hop to Ocean Falls (PFJ)

tphelps

OK, this is my first set of posted screenshots, so I'm allowed to be a rookie and post a large set. We're taking a VFR hop from Bella Waglisla SPB to Ocean Falls in Alaska (PFJ). The sun hadn't been up very long when we lifted off. The sky was gorgeous and the winds were fairly calm. We're taking the excellent Quest Kodiak amphibian for this run. We'll be spending the night at a bed and breakfast near the falls and taking a flight to Ketchikan (PAKT) in the next morning. I hope you enjoy the trip.

Thanks for taking a look,

Ted

Preparing for take-off.

Posted Image

Going over the checklist.

Posted Image

We've lifted off!

Posted Image

We'll only be flying at around 3500 feet on this short run.

Posted Image

The water is shimmering from the reflection of the early morning sun.

Posted Image

We're presently on a heading of zero-zero-six.

Posted Image

Visibility is . . . endless!

Posted Image

Having been distracted by the scenery, so we're making a course correction.

Posted Image

OK. That's better.

Posted Image

Back on course.

Posted Image

Our first glimpse of the inlet.

Posted Image

It looks a little narrow, but we'll be OK.

Posted Image

We're on a long, slow descent as we enter the inlet to Ocean Falls.

Posted Image

Easy does it.

Posted Image

We're going to be following the inlet around the bend to the right. We have the Kodiak flying fairly low and slow at around 90 kts. and 500 feet and descending.

Posted Image

There we go. We can see the falls on the right as we go around the bend--still descending slowly.

Posted Image

We're just about to touch down. There's an Alaskan cruise vessel in the harbour, so we'll be sure to steer clear.

Posted Image

What a beautiful setting. The water is like glass here in the harbour.

Posted Image

The morning sun still shimmers on the mirror-like water here at Ocean Falls harbour.

Posted Image

Behind us I can see a local fishing vessel.

Posted Image

Let's taxi on up to the dock so we can get out and enjoy the sights.

Posted Image

They can see us from the dock.

Posted Image

We'll be tying down in just a few minutes. Be careful as you leave the aircraft. I hope you enjoyed your flight! Remember, we'll be flying to Ketchikan in the morning at 07:00 a.m. See you then.

Posted Image

Thanks Tassie. I'm glad you enjoyed them. The PFJ is such a beautiful area it would probably be hard to take a bad set.

BTW, I see that I typed the heading wrong. Should have been "zero-six-zero". In too big of a hurry to get them posted.

Ted

As long as you comply with the rules as to size on posting screenshots, please do not make your screenies smaller. They and the accompanying description are just great.

Archived